• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I got the same response to my email to Obama's office. Lip service indeed.

Also just a side note. I grew up in the 60's and would have been considered a "hippie" in a lot of ways. Given that, it was an unusual time and if you weren't there it is hard to describe it. Luckily for me I had a solid foundation of ethics and responsibility taught to me by my parents. I think that many of us from that era have become solid citizens. For the most part I am now, on most issues, very conservative but there are hot buttons for me that would be considered liberal. Finding a person that I can vote for in any election of importance can be most difficult. Usually I end up voting for the more conservative candidate but too many times it is just for the lesser of two evils.

Too bad that common people have no chance of reaching any sort of important elected office these days. Most of us have more common sense than the choices we are given.

Ok, off my soapbox now.

Did the response you got "talk" to you as if you were a child who needed to be guided?
    (When I got mine his people asked my why I would want to encourage people to NOT vote for him. The way it was worded made me think they thought I was a whitless child who needed to be "corrected" very "gently". :xmad:

I answered back that it was because I was an IL resident and knew what kind of damage he could try to do. Then, I blocked them. :D

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    It did sort of have the flavor of "you poor witless thing, you" to it. It dealt directly with the porta potties issue and I didn't mention not voting for him although you would have to be an idiot to not realize that I wasn't a fan. My inital response from them was to thank me for contacting them and asking me to either volunteer for the campaign or make a contribution to it---fat chance of that! I hat form letters but no doubt that caught a lot of flack over the incident. Since then I have blocked them and bounced back their request for support.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Since then I have blocked them and bounced back their request for support.

I had redirected Hillary's campaign's request for help to Obama's camp, and vice versus.

Now I've added both of them to the RBL so they don't come in for myself, or any of my mail customers...... "I don't know why you're not receiving your marching orders from Obama 2008 sir."

McCain's stuff is blocked too. Too much spam, too little time. I'm an equal opportunity spam blocker.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I had redirected Hillary's campaign's request for help to Obama's camp, and vice versus.

Now I've added both of them to the RBL so they don't come in for myself, or any of my mail customers...... "I don't know why you're not receiving your marching orders from Obama 2008 sir."

McCain's stuff is blocked too. Too much spam, too little time. I'm an equal opportunity spam blocker.

Love it.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

At first I was a McCain supporter - mostly because of the two that were running on the other side. But the more I learn about him, the more I'm into "The lesser of 2 evils"
    I have been SO at a loss this election season. First time that I can remember, I really didn't want any of the candidates!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    At first I was a McCain supporter - mostly because of the two that were running on the other side. But the more I learn about him, the more I'm into "The lesser of 2 evils"
    I have been SO at a loss this election season. First time that I can remember, I really didn't want any of the candidates!

And you did last election?:dunno:

:)

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    And you did last election?:dunno:

:)

Last election I KNEW that I didn't want a TRAITOR in office! So it was still the lesser of two evils. That doesn't mean that I liked the choices I was given, but TRAITOR status did make the decision easier (somewhat).

The choice this time isn't quite as obvious - unless one is an IL resident and has seen the destruction Obama has tried to force on us. He has worked very hard to violate our rights! (check out his record for yourself?) Also check out his associations with Gov. "Blago", Mayor Daily, and his "Machine" in Chicago/Cook County (or "People's Republik of Chicago" and "Crook County") and don't forget his "good buddy" - Rezko. (in Prison as we "speak")

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Last election I KNEW that I didn't want a TRAITOR in office! So it was still the lesser of two evils. That doesn't mean that I liked the choices I was given, but TRAITOR status did make the decision easier (somewhat).

The choice this time isn't quite as obvious - unless one is an IL resident and has seen the destruction Obama has tried to force on us. He has worked very hard to violate our rights! (check out his record for yourself?) Also check out his associations with Gov. "Blago", Mayor Daily, and his "Machine" in Chicago/Cook County (or "People's Republik of Chicago" and "Crook County") and don't forget his "good buddy" - Rezko. (in Prison as we "speak")
    OK, fair enough...But if you are going by that logic, then this election is an easy one too, right?

Did you see the South Park episode, oh, about 4 years back when they were voting on what their new mascot would be? A turd sandwich or a Giant Douche, so they basically had to decide on which one was worse.:)

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    OK, fair enough...But if you are going by that logic, then this election is an easy one too, right?

Did you see the South Park episode, oh, about 4 years back when they were voting on what their new mascot would be? A turd sandwich or a Giant Douche, so they basically had to decide on which one was worse.:)

I think a better question would be : "How do we get the GOOD people to run?" (and then get the backing for them)

We need to find a way to encourage those who believe in the Constitution to run. Why should we have to "settle" for those that the parties want to give us? There has to be a way! Does anyone have any ideas?

True, McCain isn't MUCH better than Obama, but at least he's "been there". Do you think Obama would be willing to risk his life for our country? I don't!

Still, I KNOW we could do better!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    True, McCain isn't MUCH better than Obama, but at least he's "been there". Do you think Obama would be willing to risk his life for our country? I don't!

Well, I cracked a joke about his middle name, but then decided to take the high road and delete it.:)

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    Doesn't everybody know, he is beter than all of us religion clinging, gun toting people. Please, how can Nobama lead us with those big baby new year ears?

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I will not take the high ground when it comes to his ears, name, or his wife.
    His ears - Meh, people are given what they got.
    His name - if he was all that touchy, he should have changed it. Doesn't take much to do that...so have at it and let it rip.
    His wife (or any other family)- I figure family should usually be left out UNLESS they open their pie holes. She did. Just like Clinton's kid.
    Open season and fair game declared on both.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I grew up in the 60's and would have been considered a "hippie" in a lot of ways

Okay, you are in the secret police! :D:D

I agree though, common sense and realistically, the WILL of the people is now trumped by politician's personal ambitions and money from special interests, particularly businesses.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    His ears - Meh, people are given what they got.
    His name - if he was all that touchy, he should have changed it. Doesn't take much to do that...so have at it and let it rip.
    His wife (or any other family)- I figure family should usually be left out UNLESS they open their pie holes. She did. Just like Clinton's kid.
    Open season and fair game declared on both.

As for Clinton's daughter, I don't know. I don't think the media had any right to ask her about her father's infidelity. That was just wrong! Hillery, ok, but NOT the daughter.True, he "cheated" on her too, indirectly, and brought shame on the whole family, but HIS actions should not have been placed on her shoulders. Any time one "cheats", he/she doesn't only cheat on the spouse, but the whole family.
    The media was WAY out of line asking a child about his/her parent's sex life! I'm glad she told them what she did!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    As for Clinton's daughter, I don't know. I don't think the media had any right to ask her about her father's infidelity. That was just wrong! Hillery, ok, but NOT the daughter.True, he "cheated" on her too, indirectly, and brought shame on the whole family, but HIS actions should not have been placed on her shoulders. Any time one "cheats", he/she doesn't only cheat on the spouse, but the whole family.
    The media was WAY out of line asking a child about his/her parent's sex life! I'm glad she told them what she did!
    I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about this.

Top Bottom