• LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's all show. No go.

I'm one of few around here that isn't that deep into hating Obama - don't get me wrong, I hate the party that put him there. Hate with a passion many of that party.

His administration is making a show of piety. So pathetically magnanimous in sending 30K more to fight an unwinable civil war. This will be used to justify big money being spent not only in Afganistan.

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I listened to the full 35 minutes, but I didn't hear anything that i had not heard in just 2 minutes on the news earlier in the day. Too bad Charlie Brown and the CHILDREN had to suffer, just so we could hear it presented in such a glorious fashion in such a well chosen location.

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    Well the Troop level is a Joke!.....I'm not speaking out of my Arse!..I'm a VET!....If your going to get the Job done do it like you mean it..150 or 200K more troops!.....Let's get it done and get them Home.
    You don't put out wild fire by having 4 guys with paper cups throw water on it then call in four more with a cup of water a each to throw on it.....You get a group with tools, Aircraft, trucks and you get it done!

KEEP THE NEWS PEOPLE OUT OF IT AND LET THE US MILITARY DO THERE JOB!

Also Reissue Flame Throwers..They are great on Caves.

Yes Flame Throwers are still in the Military Inventory.

God Bless!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Well the Troop level is a Joke!.....I'm not speaking out of my Arse!..I'm a VET!....If your going to get the Job done do it like you mean it..150 or 200K more troops!.....Let's get it done and get them Home.
    You don't put out wild fire by having 4 guys with paper cups throw water on it then call in four more with a cup of water a each to throw on it.....You get a group with tools, Aircraft, trucks and you get it done!

God Bless!

:D:D:D

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    He isn't serious about this. He is giving 1/2 the troops that were requested (30,000 when McChrystal requested 60,000. The 40,000 was what he termed a bare minimum). If you are going to do that, pull them out and come home. All you are going to succeed in, is getting more of our boys killed. He is such a horse's a.... barely caught myself there...

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven

God Bless!

:rockwoot::D

As for the speech, I was there... alot of the applause came from one spot (media section) while the cadets around me had a confused look... it was a good speech... on delivery ... everytime he was looking some where else, he was looking right at a teleprompter... i think he looked forward for about 3 seconds than back to the teleprompters... it made me laugh that he thought we would be done at the end of 18 months with only 30,000 more... oh well, i am sure that will change.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    :rockwoot::D

As for the speech, I was there... alot of the applause came from one spot (media section) while the cadets around me had a confused look... it was a good speech... on delivery ... everytime he was looking some where else, he was looking right at a teleprompter... i think he looked forward for about 3 seconds than back to the teleprompters... it made me laugh that he thought we would be done at the end of 18 months with only 30,000 more... oh well, i am sure that will change.

I noticed the applause was a bit odd. Really nothing at the start and then it was like someone turned on an applause sign at expected times.

You're a cadet then? Congrats!

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Well, we are screwed. Not so much because of Obama. But, more because most of the country doesn't want us there anymore. Or, they want us there with triple the amount of troops. Or, they want us there with the same amount of troops. I actually kind of feel bad for the Prez. No one likes what he is doing. But, very few people can agree on anything. Everyone wants him to make a decision but no one likes it and for completely different reasons. I AM GOING CRAZY PEOPLE!!! I feel like I paid for a lap dance, got hit in the face with a brick and still said thank you!!! More beer please!

In the words of Mark Twain c/o Modern Warfare 2

"The nation is divided, half patriots and half traitors, and no man can tell which from which."

Now, whether or not the above statement was actuallly spoken or written by Mark Twain, I don't know. But, that is how I feel right now.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    So good I fell asleep in about 8 minutes. I woke up to Full House - daughter snuck in and changed the channel.....must have been good though, last I remember most of the cadets had that (B.S.) look on thier faces.

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    So good I fell asleep in about 8 minutes. I woke up to Full House - daughter snuck in and changed the channel.....must have been good though, last I remember most of the cadets had that (B.S.) look on thier faces.
    Yep... we had our "we have to be here and be respectful" faces on for the speech. to top it off, Hilary and pelosi (i think) were there. We were really impressed

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    They are inspired by their CIC, I see...

IMG00074.jpg

An observation: His "god bless you... and god bless the United States of America" rang hollow, just part of the script.

Last edited:

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    also West Point had us there at 5:00... we were all tired. I dont know why they have us there so early. I was a little tired myself

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well I am sad that you HAD to go but that is the rule as a cadet when the CiC is there. Makes you wonder just how bright the American voter really is...

Top Bottom