• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    He might just go for broke and use Executive order and let the courts try and figure it out. Which of course will take a while but in the meantime he will get his ban.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I've NEVER been a "Bammer's gonna grab our guns!" type, but tonight he said gun control was coming in every way possible without actually saying the words.

As tragic as this event was, emotional "We have to do SOMETHING" reactionary legislation won't serve to reduce the risk of mass shootings in any meaningful way...but will make things substantially more difficult & restrictive for the 99.999% of gun owners that are law-abiding.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    This President had a chance to simply comfort the victims families and help heal families, a community a nation..........

instead he starts to campaign for more gun control...

What a opportunist... shame on him.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    First let me say I do believe he and others will attempt to play on the emotions of the tragedy to pass a bunch of ineffective gun control measures.
    I do also believe that there was a lot of good in his speech. I hope this was not lost on people. It spoke of healing for the families and hope that faith will help sooth their pain. Maybe it's just the fact, that when my daughter was killed, faith was the only thing that kept me going.
    God bless the children.

Bob

I would LOL, but it's not funny. Gun control was all over the memorial speech.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    20 - 30 round magazines are "normal capacity" for AR's, FALs, etc.. anything less should be referred to as "restricted capacity". I supposed you might call a 100 round drum high capacity but eveyone one I know that had one has problems with thier reliability.

The key is to Stop using the terminology of the gun control people

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    20 - 30 round magazines are "normal capacity" for AR's, FALs, etc.. anything less should be referred to as "restricted capacity". I supposed you might call a 100 round drum high capacity but eveyone one I know that had one has problems with thier reliability.

The key is to Stop using the terminology of the gun control people

You mean those guns designed for wars. Normal has left the building.

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I thought the speech was the wind up...the pitch will come in the next few weeks. I seriously hope that cooler heads will prevail. BTW...we've all pretty much been threatened...the left has called for all NRA members to be murdered.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I'm not disagreeing with you but there was also another mssg in there. I'm just hoping people weren't so close minded to see it.

Bob
    He id ask if we have to sit by and let this happen or if we should do something about it. If all those administrators, teachers, parents and volunteers that fought back were armed they'd have won long before this ever reached such a body count and quite possibly before a single child was hurt. Making it so people can't defend themselves against those ignoring the laws is forcing them to stand by and watch tragedies like this happen again and again.

sadaed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Didn't get to hear the speech, but knew when I watched the TV friday that this would be the last straw and regulations would be right around the corner. So sorry for the kids and families affected by this tragedy and sad for responsible gun owners who will now feel the effects.

Top Bottom