• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Okay,

Every friday evening I stop on the way home from work and get pizza for movie night. I usually stop at the Mars Hill pizza hut because it is on the way home. Now this is never the best of places, but it seems in the last year or so it has really gone down hill.

I walk in today and notice a guy at the counter filling out an employment app. He has a unholstered commander sized Kimber or SA high end 1911 in his front coat pocket, grip and magazine clearly sticking out. (I think it was a kimber CDP based on mine).

It just struck me as odd, filling out an employment app at pizza hit, carrying a $1300 handgun without a holster.

Had he a holster, I would have thought nothing of it, it just seemed odd. He knew I saw it, but I didn't make anything of it, nor did he.

I can look a little rough around the edges and pretty thugish sometimes, it may have just been his day off, but something about it just didn't seem right.

Any one else ever see something that just made their "not right" senses go off?

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are you sure he didn't have some sort of pocket holster for the thing?

At any rate, if I needed a job and I didn't know how the potential employer felt about guns on the site, I think I would have tried to conceal it better. But from what I've read some folks here say about Mars Hill, maybe the possession of a firearm is a condition of employment.:D

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    It is not the best area, and I would certainly carry if delivering pizzas.

But then again I don't dress like a thug or carry like one. He may well have been totally legit.

My EDC has paint on it and I look pretty ratty when cleaning rentals. Could be he just dropped in his pocket quick.

Oh we'll, just wondered how many others have seen something like that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe he needed a second job to buy a holster because he spent all his money on the $1300 gun.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

But then again I don't dress like a thug or carry like one. He may well have been totally legit.

My EDC has paint on it and I look pretty ratty when cleaning rentals. Could be he just dropped in his pocket quick.

Other than INGO M&G's and gun shows/shops I can't think of another time I've even noticed somebody OC or CC'ing badly.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    :popcorn: What's the movie? As far as the job-hunter, maybe his holster bit the dust or who knows. An un-holstered gun "hanging" out of a pocket would strike me as odd also.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Most of the "thugs" I've been seeing lately have been wearing more skinny jeans and V neck t-shirts like their favorite rappers these days. As far as sloppy carry, I've seen the Plaxico Burress (stuffed in his Under Armour workout pants) carry once and it was an offduty LEO. I think the first time he ever touched a gun was when he went to the academy. I kind of hoped he'd pop himself in the marbles because he isn't someone I'd ever want to see having kids.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So is a low end Kimber better than high end Taurus?

Sloppy carry is dangerous and irresponsible. Makes great "ammo" for antis to use against us and say "...statistics show irresponsible gun owners have killed more people than malaria and gum disease COMBINED! Someone think of the children."

We gun toters get lumped in with this schlub. Talked with a gun store worker in a Calumet township gun store who felt the need to pull his piece today while we were talking about mag pouches. I don't recall why or what the point is but I call party foul. Don't coonfinger unless bad guys are coming in or your gonna clear your weapon and let me coonfinger it.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I worked in the mars hill area for two years and have a coworker who lives there. From all of the stories and things that I've seen very view things surprise me in that area. But what surprises me most is the fact that you didn't stop by Mickey an bills.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I don't know about you guys, but my life fluctuates considerably. My EDC is worth a solid week's pay and I sure couldn't buy another one today. A guy owns a pretty nice gun and finds himself unemployed....... No mystery there at all. I bet he has a car too.

Most guys look for work BEFORE they loose everything. as far as not having a decent holster, it's also very common for guys to own a gun but not carry it in public. Maybe it is his house gun and he never bought a holster for it. It could spend it's time in a nice presentation box.

You said yourself that the area is not the best. The guy just found himself with an appointment in a unfamiliar area and threw the first (or only) weapon he had available into his pocket. While the thought of packing a heater without a holster DOES give me the heebee-geebees, nothing else warrants a second look.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    It just struck me as odd, filling out an employment app at pizza hit, carrying a $1300 handgun without a holster.

An INGO "sovereign citizen" perhaps, or one of the resident doomsday fatalist "militia-men"? :lmfao: :laugh6: :rofl:

In this day and age, the poor guy probably needed a second job just to put ammunition in the damn thing!

On the other hand, I'll see similar things rather frequently. $1500 piece, $12 holster, LOL... Sign of the times, mentality of the mind.

Top Bottom