• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I was OCing just this side of the state line not too long ago, I about made an Illinoinan's eyes pop out of his head when he saw it, stared at me for about 3min before asking if I was a cop. 10min later we parted ways with him being far more educated and looking forward to when federal court rulings allow some sort of carry. When our rights are under attack, the more people that get educated by somebody other than Joe Biden the better off we all are. No progress is made if we only gripe amongst other gun owners.

Now that said, there are approriate times for OC and appropriate times for CC, the same as there's times to where a T-shirt and time to wear a suit. No hard and fast rules, but I do make an effort to use my judgement. And you would be naive to think that just becaise I'm OCing doesn't mean I'm not also CCing, and ready to employ the BUG and other methods to protect my firearm from someone intent on battery with a firearm.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

1) just because I have the right to carry a hand gun, I feel it is rude to shove it into people's faces that may have a legitimate reason in fearing a gun. Possible reasons for fearing could be that they were kidnapped or rapped in the past at gun point.

Let's change the subject, to something different, and see how it sounds.
    1) ... I feel it is rude to shove it into people's faces that may have a legitimate reason in fearing a car. Possible reasons for fearing could be that they or a family member were injured or killed by one.

How does that sound?

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Meh, I didn't read the stickies. There are 147 pages anyway... I'm mainly interested in the views from the other side (OC). Interesting replies so far. If you're going to complain though, feel free to skip this thread.

edit: i wasn't saying you were complaining bunnykid68, just the others saying that they have seen this thread before.

The first couple pages cover most of the information.
    Most (not all) of the rest of the pages are people coming in later and restating stuff already posted.

CC or OC. Whatever works for you.
    Maybe, just cause one or the other works for you, you'll at least be tolerant of those that choose the other option.
    And don't get me started on JFC...:ar15:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I open carry a lot. More so when the weather is warmer. I rarely get approached or get comments, but when i do, 9 times out of 10 they are positive ones. But then, i usually have a smile on my face...I hold doors, etc.

When someone DOES make a negative comment, I use that as an opportunity to INFORM them of the facts. I try to be positive. but on the rare occasion that i get a real ahole.....I tell them to seek treatment for their hoplophobia. I even had one ask me how you spell it, they wanted to google it.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I always LOVE how they add their wonderful and enlightened wisdom as if they have been touched by the CC Angel and given these words to pass on because the rest of us are so ignorant...

"If I were ever in the situation where I actually needed to use the gun, I would not want the other person, or group of persons to know that I had it. This would give me an advantage"

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Five things to remember on this forum:
    1. If you don't OC, your'e a pu$$y.
    2. If you don't carry with one in the chamber, you're a pu$$y.
    3. If you own a gun with a mechanical safety, your'e a pu$$y.
    4. If you have/show respect for a LEO, you're a pu$$y.
    5. If you have ANY liberal leanings (or if you show ANY disrespect to Bradis), you're a traitor (and a pu$$y!)
    Learn them and you'll get along just fine.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    So....

You want me to take the time to write to you about the reasons I choose to do something, but you are not willing to take the time to read those reasons that have already been written by someone else.

This thread is a dupe of the one that has already been linked to you.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Why are CC folks so judgmental? I've yet to see a thread on here from someone who carries openly that bashes concealers. Get over it.

Just effing carry.

Why do I carry openly?
    - I can
    - It IS a deterrent
    - It is comfortable, for ME
    - Great conversation starter
    - I'm not afraid of 5-year-old girls (no, really)
    - Why is it any of your concern?

If someone thinks a neatly-dressed guy, out with his wife and child, who is just going about his business is somehow going to SNAP and become a murderer, then THAT person needs to have their head examined - not me. Some 3rd-party's irrational fear of my safely holstered sidearm is simply not my problem.

Personally, I really don't care how folks carry. OWB, IWB, ankle, shoulder harness, purse, whatever. Heck, leave it at home for all I care. Make your own choice. Let me make my own as well.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    So, why do you OC or CC? Please answer with the way you really feel and while I appreciate humor, I don't think it belongs in this thread.

Yeah, good luck with that! I pulled this stunt about 6 months ago.

I learned fast.

images

THIS IS INGO!!!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Meh, I didn't read the stickies. There are 147 pages anyway... I'm mainly interested in the views from the other side (OC). Interesting replies so far. If you're going to complain though, feel free to skip this thread.

edit: i wasn't saying you were complaining bunnykid68, just the others saying that they have seen this thread before.

Will one of the Mods please put this thread out of our misery? I really can't believe we have to rehash all of these tired old arguments just for the sake of someone who is too lazy to go read the first 10,000 times this has been posted. :noway:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Will one of the Mods please put this thread out of our misery? I really can't believe we have to rehash all of these tired old arguments just for the sake of someone who is too lazy to go read the first 10,000 times this has been posted. :noway:

Oh but how will our ignorant souls ever be made whole without the knowledge and wisdom of those so blessed as ....................never mind :ar15: KILL IT! :noway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    5. If you have ANY liberal leanings (or if you show ANY disrespect to Bradis), you're a traitor (and a pu$$y!)
    1. Carry, or don't carry, in whatever safe manner you want.
    2. refer to 1.
    3. refer to 1.
    4. I guess 1 doesn't apply. I show respect to most people except 1 of my bosses. Because someone else doesn't show it to others, or to me, doesn't change how I should act.
    5. Got me there. Now I disrespect you.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Ah, lib lash out. Never fails to disappoint:):.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    1. Carry, or don't carry, in whatever safe manner you want.
    2. refer to 1.
    3. refer to 1.
    4. I guess 1 doesn't apply. I show respect to most people except 1 of my bosses. Because someone else doesn't show it to others, or to me, doesn't change how I should act.
    5. Got me there. Now I disrespect you.

Respect me. Don't respect me. I doubt I'll lose much sleep tonight either way. But I call 'em like I see 'em. And I see those 5 (6, actually) sentiments expressed (maybe not in so many words) VERY often on this forum. Maybe I should have put them in purple, but I didn't because I really feel that the majority here feel that way. The fact that you might or might not feel that way doesn't change that. The fact that I don't agree with any of them doesn't matter either. I was simply trying to state my thoughts that if someone wants to "fit in" here, those things seem to be the reigning sentiment on this forum.

Top Bottom