OC in Evansville with surprise encounter...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwhites4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    I don't post here much, mainly just a lurker but I felt this was something to share. I was in Evansville yesterday with my girlfriend and some friends just shopping and browsing. I was OCing most of the day ( had to CC in the mall) and not a single person said one thing except when I got to Gander Mtn ( OCing again). There I was met by a boy who was about 9 or 10. He just came right up to me and started asking me questions about my gun and was surprisingly knowledgeable about the 1911 platform. Turns out his dad has a few of them. I was pretty happy for a couple reasons; 1) knowing this kid spent time with his dad when most are playing video games, 2) his dad shared an ever growing unpopular notion with his son and he absorbed it all. So, if you are a member of INGO and read this, thank you on behalf of the gun owning community for passing on a set of values to the next generation of gun owners.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Adults notice they just do not say much to the evil gun over-lord. Some are intimidated by anyone with the stones to OC these days.
    OP, thanks for sharing.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Very nice story, thanks for sharing. When I first started reading it, I was bracing for yet another negative OC experience story, but was pleasantly surprised. I think you really made a great impression on that young lad - and me! Rep inbound! :yesway:

Top Bottom