• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    OC in Michigan, there is no permit required. However you must have a LTC in order to carry concealed. But, I believe you must be a resident. They do honor Indiana LTCH though.

[SIZE=+0]1) Any law abiding citizen of the State of Michigan who owns a safety inspected handgun may openly carry (in a holster) said firearm in all places not explicitly exempt by law with or without a CPL. Private property rules over-ride state law in regards to firearm possession.
    [/SIZE]

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    I'm sure it depends on the locale, but, when I go back home to visit, I OC quite often with no ill effects. I have to stay out of the bars though...

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    I am going to Michigan this weekend and was wondering if anyone goes there regularly and has any issues with the LEOs?

As long as you have a valid permit from the state in which you reside, you can either open or conceal carry. If you get 'stopped' by the police, you must notify that you have a permit and you are carrying. Have a good time and carry often. Bob

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    OC in Michigan, there is no permit required. However you must have a LTC in order to carry concealed. But, I believe you must be a resident. They do honor Indiana LTCH though.

[SIZE=+0]1) Any law abiding citizen of the State of Michigan who owns a safety inspected handgun may openly carry (in a holster) said firearm in all places not explicitly exempt by law with or without a CPL. Private property rules over-ride state law in regards to firearm possession. [/SIZE][SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][/SIZE]

Shiban, In order to open carry without a permit in MI, you must be a resident of MI. No longer need the safety inspection, but the hand gun must be registered to the person that is open carrying. Whole different set of rules apply to open carrying without a concealed pistol license.
    Later, Bob

Top Bottom