• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    OK, so you like escalating situations that lead to violence. Gotcha.

It is a relative situation. I most certainly promote peace between others, but if he is willing to insult me, he can expect my retort. Now the next decision in this game is all his. It's the game some of us are willing to play.

Much love, Brink.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It is a relative situation. I most certainly promote peace between others, but if he is willing to insult me, he can expect my retort. Now the next decision in this game is all his. It's the game some of us are willing to play.

Much love, Brink.

What's your name? I'll keep an eye out for you when in looking through the police blotters.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    butt ugly/missing teeth and a bunch of rug rats who need a father and she needs an old man around because she don't work, I'm not sure how the landlord rented to her, she must have lied on the application or maybe he was her boyfriend the week she applied.
    how do people like that (not just looks but poor personality on top of it) find significant others so regularly?

Coltguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Why ask why

I can't believe they would call the cops. Thanks for posting, hang in there, with neighbors like that who needs enemas!!! :D

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    If he's willing to yell names at someone from across the street, he must not have matured mentally past 7th grade. "Standing up for yourself" to an idiot doesn't make you any better or tougher than the idiot. It simply makes it a two-idiot situation.

Ignoring, on the other hand, is not only highly effective but much more convenient as well.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    If that is the extent of his manhood yelling things across a street it is well to ignore him. Never argue with an idiot they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Good on the OP.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If he's willing to yell names at someone from across the street, he must not have matured mentally past 7th grade. "Standing up for yourself" to an idiot doesn't make you any better or tougher than the idiot. It simply makes it a two-idiot situation.

Ignoring, on the other hand, is not only highly effective but much more convenient as well.

+1 It's not about maturity, it's about control. Saying what he said is an ploy to control the situation. Very common tactic with predators, second only to alienating marks from authority. He probably does it without even thinking. He might not of even had a point, just did it out of habit.

OP did the best possible thing. Ingaging him, no matter what OP would or could of said, would be playing right into his hand. He was not interested in a thoughtful conversation about gun rights, only about establishing power of OP.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    This is why I ignore people on principle. :D

Ok, maybe not all the time, but I think that I am more likely to completely ignore someone than talk to them, most of the time. Helps.

Although I realized something the other day....when I OC, I tend to be much nicer to people. Thanking the waitress for seating us, and saying hello to old ladies, holding more doors open and smiling a lot....I think it comes from not wanting to be the angry looking guy walking rapidly with a firearm. Because normally I don't smile much, and if I am going somewhere, I am going there with purpose, moving rapidly.

On its own, nothing out of the ordinary; but I feel like I could make people uncomfortable doing all of the above with a gun...its probably good for me to be a bit friendlier to people anyway. :p

And good job on ignoring him OP; did the right thing.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    This guy was trying to stand tall before the girl friend, date of the night, what ever. Yelling back, starting something, would have given the officers a reason to stop and "investigate" further.
    Gee, when I open the garage door, the neighbors run for cover.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I'm really enjoying this thread for some reason. All of my neighbors know I'm a gun nut and I just assume they know I most likely have one on me. Reasons like that is why I prefer to keep them covered up.

Good job of not saying anything. Most people don't get it. My way of ending an argument over carrying a gun quickly goes something like this....

"It is a privelage to have a drivers license, it is my right to carry a firearm. I don't have an enemy in the world, and I doubt I'll need to use it on you."

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Not at all, and I certainly wouldn't have pulled the gun on him. Go put it inside, pull out that cell phone and yell about how your neighbor has a new boyfriend this week. Let the boyfriend rile himself up and do what he thinks is necessary and then sit him down if he wants to get violent.

So.....disarm yourself and then put yourself into a potentially violent encounter? :n00b:

Top Bottom