Brownsburg

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by Southside Shrek
    Do you believe that they are wannabe police just itching for the chance to try to blow someone away?

seriously-shut-up.jpg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    As for the purpose of the Open Carry Gun walk in downtown Indy last Saturday, that requires a public explanation, especially to those who witnessed it and were scratching their heads wondering what was going on. Maybe one of the organizers can come on here and explain.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/indianapolis/774397-open-carry-gun-walk-downtown-indy-4.html#ixzz0Sdw4OeRF

Just don't forget who you are representing, YOUR SELF.

People love to do this kind of thing in every community. They get a tiny minority of a large group who appoint themselves to go out in the world and "represent", next thing they are pointing fingers back at the other 99% about how they aren't doing "their part and must be an anti" because they didn't do enough to support .... what ever.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I like this one...

As a former police officer, I feel everyone who has not forfeited their right in one way or another to carry, should carry a firearm. I know many policemen, and most will agree. You wouldn't think it either. Hell, many are a member of the NRA. It's just not usually a good idea to let everyone know you have a firearm on you. You lose the element of surprise.

So, I wonder if he felt less safe while in uniform than in civilian cloths:dunno:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    It's up to 8 pages now. Someone needs to address this last post:
    Southside Shrek said:
    arctichomesteader said:

. Jesus told his followers to buy a sword if they didn't have one already. The gun is the modern day sword.

I never came upon the passage where Jesus allegedly said to his followers "Get a sword." If that is in the Bible, would you please tell me the chapter and verse.

I always thought that Jesus was a peace-loving person when He was here on earth in human form. He certainly didn't take up a sword or gun to try to stop those coming to arrest Him and nail Him up on a large cross.
    Luke 22:36 is the passage.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    "you think it should be harder to adopt a pet than to buy a firearm?"

umm...Isn't there a pet show loophole?

Last time I bought a dog, I saw an ad in the paper, called the guy, went to his house with cash, and took the dog home. That's kind of like the last few guns I've bought. Someone said "I'm selling some guns." I said "how much you want for them." I gave him cash, he gave me the guns.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I would assume that police officers should feel less safe when in uniform and/or on duty. Isn't it basically a dangerous job by definition?

By definition, probably yes, as you actively engage criminals and put yourself into situations that regular everyday Joes do not.
    But to simply be in uniform with your sidearm exposed...I don't know about that :dunno:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    By definition, probably yes, as you actively engage criminals and put yourself into situations that regular everyday Joes do not.
    But to simply be in uniform with your sidearm exposed...I don't know about that :dunno:

The image I have in my mind is that guy that went off at the holocaust museum in the recent past... shot the guard and then himself. A variation of the OC vs. CC debate (don't mean to thread jack, sorry)... but if one is dead set on 'taking' someplace, the first one to 'take' would be the armed guard, right? (not a suggestion to do anything... please continue to sit in front of your computer, don't change the channel)

Anyhow, "thanks for your service" to all the cops out there.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The image I have in my mind is that guy that went off at the holocaust museum in the recent past... shot the guard and then himself. A variation of the OC vs. CC debate (don't mean to thread jack, sorry)... but if one is dead set on 'taking' someplace, the first one to 'take' would be the armed guard, right?

I wasn't familiar with this incident, so I looked it up.

About 12:49 p.m., 88-year-old von Brunn drove his car to the 14th Street entrance of the museum. Von Brunn entered the museum when security guard Stephen Tyrone Johns opened the door for him. Authorities said he raised a .22-caliber rifle and shot Johns, who later died of his injuries at the George Washington University Hospital.Two security guards, Harry Weeks and Jason "Mac" McCuiston, returned fire, wounding von Brunn. According to police officers at the scene, a third person was injured by broken glass but refused treatment at the hospital.

The Washington Post reported that "if it weren't for the quick response of the private guards on duty, more people could have been killed or wounded." Mayor Adrian Fenty stated that the officers' efforts "to bring this gunman down so quickly literally saved the lives of countless people... This could have been much, much worse." Inside, the museum was crowded with visiting schoolchildren.

Top Bottom