• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Permission to exercise a 1st amendment right is ludicrous, I agree. I do plan on going down there at some point this week (possibly tomorrow?) and see if anyone would be willing to listen to an alternative philosophy... :D

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Let them stay at a public park. I don't care just as long as they don't:
    1) make a mess and not clean it up.
    2) don't setup sleeping quarter. (i.e. tents and similar structures)
    3) don't impede on my family trying to enjoy the park.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Meh. They can hang out on the corner with the preacher guy and the 2012 Apocalypse folks. Just don't make a mess of the place.

Maybe they should pool their resources and buy one of those $300K condos? They'd have a permanent place to hang out, rather than on a park bench with the bums.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I request a place in my home city, (rent free) where I can shower and sleep and park my car outside of.

Oh, and discuss important issues, yada yada yada.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hmmmm... when I was at the one in Indy, the speakers said they want Non-profit (eg Free) Healthcare and Free Education (college)... my question is, who will want the free med school education if they can't come out and make some decent profit?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Unless there is some law that forbids them from standing in a public park or some such place for more than X hours I don't understand the demand :dunno: Surely they don't think that the city is obligated to build them a shelter or something for their convenience...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There is a place to hang out that provides free housing and free food. One place in Pendleton and one I believe in Michigan City. There are others that provide the same service.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I drove by all 8 of them this afternoon. I could not see or read all the signs, but here are two that I could read.

1. High taxes + big government= less freedom

2. With Liberty and Justice for all.

I don't see anything here that I would disagree with.

So far......

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I drove by all 8 of them this afternoon. I could not see or read all the signs, but here are two that I could read.

1. High taxes + big government= less freedom

2. With Liberty and Justice for all.

I don't see anything here that I would disagree with.

So far......
    Did you slow down enough to smell the drugs in the air and their stinky communist armpits?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    You are judging them by their appearance? Sure they are young and the hair is long and the jeans aren't pressed. So what, none of them were doing drugs on the street corner.

I'll bet you just forgot to use the purple font?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Unless there is some law that forbids them from standing in a public park or some such place for more than X hours I don't understand the demand :dunno: Surely they don't think that the city is obligated to build them a shelter or something for their convenience...

I admire you for thinking charitably about them, but it does sound like that is their expectation.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I drove by this rally on Sat. I gave a honk and a thumbs up.

I saw posters on:

Liberty

Freedom

High taxes going to the banks

Children not having a future because of debt

But no tri-cornered hats. That must be it. To be an approved protest on INGO you must have tri-cornered hats.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Most people think these protesters want free handouts. This is not the case with most of them (some of them are idiots). The main demands of the OWS protests is to get our Congress to stop representing big corporations and the rich only. They are paid to represent ALL of the American people. Another demand is that CEOs stop paying themselves millions of dollars a year while paying their workers minimum wage. People should be fairly compensated for the work they perform. Corporate greed and a bought Congress is a big problem and needs to be addressed.

As for the idiots demanding free healthcare, free welfare, food stamps, etc.......they need to work for it like everyone else.

My :twocents:

Top Bottom