• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Due to my schedule, Sunday afternoon may be my best bet. I've never been to the 1500 on a Sunday. Is it a waste of time/money? Is nearly everything sold out? Is it an opportunity to get items at closeout prices?

Just wondering. Thanks!

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Things will be picked over but it will still be enjoyable for you to go. You still will find deals on certain things you are looking for. I haven't really found any deals on new guns there but I mostly go for parts and accessories.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Just like anything else in life, if you don't go, you'll never know or learn. I seen a lot of stuff sell yesterday but there still was plenty to see.

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    I'm going on Sunday. It's not as crowded. It's a different group... little older crowd, much less hectic. I really enjoyed it last time. There's still deals to be had.

The 1500 right after BHO was elected...that was awful... so was every Saturday at all of the gun shops. I think I took a year off from visiting both (on the weekends, anyway)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I'll join you, due to work, cant get there till around 1 PM sunday, dunno why I go anymore anyway. Maybe to tell my kids about the last show before OBII. (I hope not wife and I voted diferently already, but you never know)

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I'll be in less of a rush tomorrow. I'll be swinging by after church. I have about $120 in spare change sitting in a jar, and figure I'll cash that in a pick up a Mosin Nagant. Hope to see everyone there!

IUWRX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    SoBro
    I usually end up going Saturdays, but like everybody else here work has kept me out until tomorrow. Actually taking a buddy (might be his first show?) to hopefully buy his first firearm.

He's seen my XD and shot a variety of stuff with me, but seems convinced with a slim line design. Think he's after the Shield, but we're not holding our breath tomorrow. Any other good suggestions to look at?

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    1500's not going anywhere. If anything they'd start having one a month. But the Sunday crowd is/has been a different group. Watch me be wrong this time and it's full of kids, reporters, and libs. It's a chance worth taking.

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    I usually end up going Saturdays, but like everybody else here work has kept me out until tomorrow. Actually taking a buddy (might be his first show?) to hopefully buy his first firearm.

He's seen my XD and shot a variety of stuff with me, but seems convinced with a slim line design. Think he's after the Shield, but we're not holding our breath tomorrow. Any other good suggestions to look at?

Not to threadjack, but I'm a big fan of the smaller(ish) frame DAO revolvers like my Taurus Ultra-Lite Titanium or my wife's LCR. I think that they're perfect for CC and really easy controls, especially for first timers. I like the .38 Spl round, too. There's a pretty versatile range of loads for it, from lead target rounds to +P defensive loads.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

You most likely won't find a shield unless Que goes and still has his .40 cal. For sale.
    ITP has the Taurus 701 slim, Kel Tec PF-9 and p-11, Diamondback DB9, and a great selection of others! Find them in "B" hall at the back of the building.

Oh, and listen for the announcements.Every once in a while they'll give away ten menu items at the B hall concessions booth! I grabbed a couple cheeseburgers!:D

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    You most likely won't find a shield unless Que goes and still has his .40 cal. For sale.
    ITP has the Taurus 701 slim, Kel Tec PF-9 and p-11, Diamondback DB9, and a great selection of others! Find them in "B" hall at the back of the building.

Oh, and listen for the announcements.Every once in a while they'll give away ten menu items at the B hall concessions booth! I grabbed a couple cheeseburgers!:D
    Pretty expensive soy/cheeseburger!

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    IUWRX Just a suggestion ZX Gun has the XD's for 399 again any type. A lot were left when I headed out today. I think they are a great deal for a first handgun.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I went sunday around 2 PM due to work, some dealers started packing up, oh well, its harder to walk around after working all day, but less crowd.

I think I am done till next year though, maybe one show a year, dont need nothing, everything I saw over priced, just more of it than local LGS.

Top Bottom