• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So I was helping my girlfriend pick out a shield at a local shop today. She picked out a brand new Shield and we took it home. I was showing her how to load the mags and she loaded the 7 round mag just fine. When she got to the 8 round mag, she just couldn't get the last two rounds in. I was assuming that she couldn't get the last two in due to the mags being new and stiff. I couldn't for the life of me get the last two in either. It just felt very odd. I took the mag apart to see what the deal was. To my surprise, out came two followers.

image.jpg

That explains why we couldn't get the last two rounds in. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've heard of this before, I'm fairly certain it happened to someone on Ingo, but for the life of me couldn't tell you who. If I remember correctly they found it while cleaning new mags, before actually trying to load any rounds in it.

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've heard of this before, I'm fairly certain it happened to someone on Ingo, but for the life of me couldn't tell you who. If I remember correctly they found it while cleaning new mags, before actually trying to load any rounds in it.

Well at least I'm not the only one.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Seems like I remember this as well. I don't know that it was with a Shield but I don't remember any details now.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    We had a customer at the store make the same complaint. I took their brand new Shield magazine apart and voila!... two followers.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Spencir, once you cleared the extra follower could you load the magazine fully/easily?

Through a 3 way trade situation, I came home with a NIB Shield and it seems the follower can get bound and not go down the magazine tube properly, thus making it difficult to load the magazine. Possibly needs to be "broke in". Just curious if yours worked freely after the extra follower was removed.

I could be wrong.

Top Bottom