• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Almost 10am and have not seen a deer so far. Only heard 3 shots. Buddy about an hour away said the same. Thought with the front coming in the deer would have been really moving

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Same here in Madison county I saw one very horny spike buck and nothing else. One shot right at opening light.

That little buck was worked up about something as he crused around a good 5 minutes or more head down and you could hear him just a sniffing around. I used no lures at all so maybe I had something pass in heat in the dark hours.

smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    Just got home, saw nothing but a coyote, that seemed to come out of no where! Definitely startled me! I heard some shots (at least five in row), not sure what was going on there. I am on the south side of ft wayne(that might explain the shots), a friend from Decatur got a buck this morning. Good luck to all, it was nice to be out in woods if nothing else.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    They're all over the place behind my house. Took this in January:

deerfield.jpg

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Been out just before light and have heard 30 shots, some were in rapped fire. Yesterday I saw a nice 10 pointer around 3:00. Hope to get a shot at him today. Have seen nothing so far. I thought I would have had a doe by now. Good luck to all.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I seen a one antlered buck chasing a doe in the side yard for a minute. The doe might have been tasty, if she'd headed for my back yard instead of across the road. In this area we've heard less shots than normal.

boostedtwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Corydon, IN
    I went to my usual spot, private property. Usually get a nice buck opening morning by 8, nothing today! Didnt even see a deer this morning, buddy was hunting 300 yards, he saw nothing but a few coyotes.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Still sitting and having an apple and some coffee. Nothing moving and nothing bedded in the thicket where I normally see some activity. Like above stated I have all day maybe they start moving some this afternoon.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    my cousin and I all had the same type of morning, nothing seen, nothing moving.

Didn't even hear first shot until almost 8, then it settled back down.

Will be back with the boy soon for the evening sit.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Real quiet day south of St. Joe Valley Parkway & east of US 31. Seen does, spike bucks, and a four & a six just about every morning I've been out during bow in this wooded plot. This morning till 3:30 pm; nada, zip, except the usual cadre of squirrels. Heard a shot just south at 7:10 am and another right before 8 am, also south, and that was it.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I know by all the shots around me that some people got something. I didn't get anything here in Switzerland County. They say it is going to rain all day tomorrow. They will not be moving much if it rains all day. I will not be in a stand in the rain but I will walk hunt just to check things out. Who knows, I might get lucky.

May you all have better luck than I had.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Brother tagged a small 7 pointer at 7:50am this morning.

I had a doe not 20 yards in front of my blind, but buried behind a honeysuckle bush. I waited, and waited, she started to move, and then...

the resident horse raised his head VERY quickly. He stomped his front hoof just like a deer, drawing the does attention.
    The next thing I know the horse dropped his head and charged my doe!

Chased her right back into the thickets and out of sight.

Damned horse!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Update: at 1:50 pm I took a 12 pointer. He was doe'd up and just following. I shot a nice placed chest shot and he just ran so I shot him again. And one more for good luck. He dropped at the third shot. Two shots hit most likely the first and last.

He he is nice. Pic's soon as no wifi here. Field dressed at 181 nice wide rack. Right now I am going to get some rest as it was a hard drag out.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Perhaps I am ignorant, but if you put in your time before the season, and only take an ethical shot, why would you have to try and put two more into a moving deer?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My 18 year old "disabled" cousin filled a buck tag and a doe tag this morning... within 5 minutes of each other...

Top Bottom