• ...and so much more!
  • 1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Sure he was justified, I think.

The only screwed up part about this story is that if it was a civilian on the motorcycle, he wouldn't have been able to defend himself in the same way. And if he did...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    A decent person would tend to the injured kid.

Beating the person who injured her in an accident is a showing of true character, not a "lapse". Shame the POS has more kids.............bet the apples fell right at the trunk.

Cop should have been driving a tank and taken the whole dam fam out.

People make mistakes, accidents happen....sometimes terrible ones.

Being a thug isn't an accident.

Just to make sure I'm understanding here,..... The off duty Leo should have killed this little girls whole family?:n00b: for what reason? Because YOU have decided (from one very slanted article in a newspaper) that her father is a POS!?:dunno:
    Is it because the dad was (can we say it?) black? Or because he was overwhelmed by the fact that his little girl was just hit by an out of control motorcycle?
    Wow, I don't know how to respond to that!
    I guess by your statement about apples, that the dead guys kids are also "thug, Pieces of s**t"?:dunno:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    No need to play the race card.

The father and a relative started beating the injured motorcyclist who came to see if he could help the kid.

It appears (from another source- DuPage County court records) that the dead father was also a felon (if so that doesn't mean he won't vote this coming election).

Strong bet the apples will fall straight down- have a relative that works with junior criminals.

Two family members on scene, both acting like rabid dogs. Nice family unit.

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    How long did you need the title to be? Its room enough for a title not a summarization. Perhaps you'd prefer someone read it to you and highlight the good parts?

Gonna leave a mess on your monitor.

Hmmm let's see....did the officer strike the girl? Nope. Your title is misleading and an eye catcher just like the media uses.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hmmm let's see....did the officer strike the girl? Nope. Your title is misleading and an eye catcher just like the media uses.
    This is the impression I got out of the title when I first read it.

I thought an Off Duty Officer physically struck a girl, as in with his hand or fist. :dunno:

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The officer struck the girl, even though it was with a motorcycle he was/wasn't in control of, she was none the less, struck. Feel free to read the whole article. You boys surely don't need Cliff Notes do you?

You may freely continue to cop bash...

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Tragic, yes the parents need to have more control of theirchildren and teach them better but as I have learned no matter what you teach your children they will ALWAYS make mistakes. Dad's reaction, totally uncalled for and look what it cost him.

I am not bashing. I have two brothers in laws that are officers. In my opinion the officer made a bad choice and here is why. The officer chose to lay the bike down in hopes that the 600-800lb chunk of metal would stop faster than using his breaks. Not only that but a motorcycle on two wheels gives you about a 4 foot wide projectile where as a bike on its side is 5-6 or more feet wide has a better chance to hit something. In my opinion the officer chose to lose control once he decided to lay the bike down. I don’t know anyone that rides whose first reaction is to lay the bike down.

No I was not there I don’t know if him applying his breaks would have lessened the impact or avoided it all together, I don’t know if swerving to the left or right would have avoided the impact with the child. I’m just saying I don’tunderstand the decision to lose what stopping power you have with your breaks and lay the bike down.

In the hard-braking test that measures stopping distancefrom 60-0 mph, the H-D Road King needed the shortest distance (126.4 feet) tocome to a dead stop.

Slide 60 mph = 275-325 feet

His decision and it is one he will have to live with. As for the shooting he was in fear for his life, just like any of us would have done, he drew his weapon, thats why we carry isn't it?

Last edited:

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    You're saying that a guy doesn't deserve a beat down if his recklessness resulted in the injury of a small child? What if this person frequently blew down that road on his bike to the raised fists of the people who lived there (whose children are evidently supposed no never play in the street ... like 99% of us here remember doing), and then eventually this happens? Ok, that's just a hypothetical. But no reason to beat a guy?? We'll have to see about that!

Look. I don't know what happened. But someone died here. This cannot be brushed under the rug.

That's it put your own spin on things to justify the beating. This was an accident and a tragic one. The cop was NOT raising he!! terrorizing the neighborhood. He was on his way home when an unsupervised child darted into the road.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have been riding motorcycles longer than many of the people here have been alive. I have been a young and cocky inexperienced rider. in the more than 40 years since then I have become a mature careful and conservative rider. On the way I have been every kind of rider in between. I have been in almost every circumstance possible and done so at very many different skill/experience levels along the way. Those are my qualifications, now here is my (expert? maybe...) opinion..... A motorcycle will stop in a shorter distance on it's side than it will on its wheels. Been there, done that. The surface area presented while on it's side is greater and the grinding of aluminum and steel on pavement scrubs off more energy than burning four inches of rubber.

That's what I think. I think it because of my experiences as a reckless young scooter bum and as a responsible careful rider. People who have never been in a pinch don't know ANYTHING about being in a pinch. Those of you who never had to lay a bike down on purpose should consider themselves lucky up to this point. Luck however does not translate to expertise on the art of wrecking a bike. Ride long enough and you will experience a pinch. it could be one of your own making or it could simply run out in front of you

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    That's it put your own spin on things to justify the beating. This was an accident and a tragic one. The cop was NOT raising he!! terrorizing the neighborhood. He was on his way home when an unsupervised child darted into the road.

And this is your spin.
    you weren't there and you don't know.
    We're even.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have been riding motorcycles longer than many of the people here have been alive. I have been a young and cocky inexperienced rider. in the more than 40 years since then I have become a mature careful and conservative rider. On the way I have been every kind of rider in between. I have been in almost every circumstance possible and done so at very many different skill/experience levels along the way. Those are my qualifications, now here is my (expert? maybe...) opinion..... A motorcycle will stop in a shorter distance on it's side than it will on its wheels. Been there, done that. The surface area presented while on it's side is greater and the grinding of aluminum and steel on pavement scrubs off more energy than burning four inches of rubber.

That's what I think. I think it because of my experiences as a reckless young scooter bum and as a responsible careful rider. People who have never been in a pinch don't know ANYTHING about being in a pinch. Those of you who never had to lay a bike down on purpose should consider themselves lucky up to this point. Luck however does not translate to expertise on the art of wrecking a bike. Ride long enough and you will experience a pinch. it could be one of your own making or it could simply run out in front of you

I've also been riding a Long time. About 33 years actually. And also been in a "pinch"or two!
    I mean no disrespect, but I have to say that "laying it down" is a bull s**t excuse AFTER a wreck!
    There's NO WAY that intentionally laying a bike down, and sliding down the road, metal and plastic sliding across pavement, could ever slow you faster than properly applying your brakes and maneuvering/counter steering. Rubber on asphalt and brake pads on brake rotors beats metal and plastic on asphalt every time!
    In all your years of riding, have you never had to take quick actions to avoid something in the road, something crossing the road, someone slamming on their brakes in front of you, a flat tire, or any other emergency maneuver? Did you "lay your bike down" to avoid the collision? Where did you learn this maneuver?
    I've never heard of "laying it down" as a respected method of crash avoidance! I'm willing to accept it if you can show me ANY motorcycle safety course in the country that teaches "The Art of Laying It Down"!
    I'll repeat, I mean NO disrespect, I just cannot accept this rediculous MYTH as a way to avoid a wreck.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I've also been riding a Long time. About 33 years actually. And also been in a "pinch"or two!
    I mean no disrespect, but I have to say that "laying it down" is a bull s**t excuse AFTER a wreck!
    There's NO WAY that intentionally laying a bike down, and sliding down the road, metal and plastic sliding across pavement, could ever slow you faster than properly applying your brakes and maneuvering/counter steering. Rubber on asphalt and brake pads on brake rotors beats metal and plastic on asphalt every time!
    In all your years of riding, have you never had to take quick actions to avoid something in the road, something crossing the road, someone slamming on their brakes in front of you, a flat tire, or any other emergency maneuver? Did you "lay your bike down" to avoid the collision? Where did you learn this maneuver?
    I've never heard of "laying it down" as a respected method of crash avoidance! I'm willing to accept it if you can show me ANY motorcycle safety course in the country that teaches "The Art of Laying It Down"!
    I'll repeat, I mean NO disrespect, I just cannot accept this rediculous MYTH as a way to avoid a wreck.

While dirt biking you will find yourself on your butt often. If this isn't true for others then it goes to show that I am having more fun than they are. After a childhood in the dirt you will find instinctive behaviors manifesting on the street. Several times the things I learned off road has saved my life on the road. I have thrown a bike away on the street twice. one time was saving a child's life in a similar circumstance as the one in the op. A second time to save me from pinning my leg under a hot bike at 60 mph. (any one familiar with the term " the Harley drag"? It ain't about racing) I love to tell stories, and I will tell these stories if people ask me to.

As far as a motorcycle safety course goes, I attended classes at the institute of hard knocks. Their scooter course is a "crash course" and it provides especially hard knocks. you mentioned safety courses, Let's give an example of official motorcycle safety instruction...... The state driving manual states that motorbikes should cross railroad tracks parallel to your lane regardless of the angle the tracks cross the street. in reality, if you hit rails at a steep enough angle the front tire will skate along the side of the rail and you will "lay it down" real quick. This official bit of instruction could easily result in a death.

Now let me ask YOU for an example...... show me a performance rider (racer, trick riding expert and such) who subscribes to the rules of motorcycle safety. The best most skilled riders are notoriously the most dangerous ones. Safety does not teach skills, it inhibits them. Most times this is a good trade. Not always.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom