• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Good luck! I didn't win anything last week. They had a couple cool prizes though and it's always nice to support a good cause!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The first FNRA banquet I attended was about 7 or 8 years ago. I was informed about it by my local gun shop owner at the time.
    I had no idea what to expect, but I knew the proceeds were to go to a good cause, to promote the youth shooting sports in Indiana.

I checked in at the door and made my way to the lobby of the banquet hall where they had set up the "Bucket Game".
    I really couldn't afford it, but I bought a $100 "bucket" of tickets for the bucket game and dropped my tickets in the buckets corresponding to the prizes I had an interest in.

I've never been the luckiest person in the room, but not really the un-luckiest either.
    I had my tickets in front of me when the drawing was held, but I wasn't expecting anything. There were 400 people in the room. I'm just a fly on the wall, until, about half-way through the bucket game drawing, they called my number!

Wait,

what?
    Really? What did I win?
    A Mossberg 500 COMBO?!!!
    Yep, a brand spankin' new Mossy 500 with 2 barrels. There was a 28" vented rib bird barrel, and a 24" rifled slug barrel with rifle sights!

I went up to claim my prize, and evidently I wasn't paying attention earlier because I was disappointed I couldn't take it home with me NOW! I was told I would have to go to my local gun shop the next day to do the background check.
    Oh well, who cares, I won a brand new shotgun!

I floated back to my table, patting myself on the back for a "well-spent" $100 for a bucket of tickets.

I was still hovering just above my chair when,

What? Another one of my numbers?

Yep! This time it was for a Norinco SKS paratrooper w/ folding spike bayonet!
    The Norinco was in pristine condition. Almost looked unfired, and completely original. Not Bubba'd or otherwise molested in any fashion.
    Needless to say, I was hooked. I have not only attended every single local banquet in Lafayette, I've been a sponsor for the past 6 years, and a local committee member for the past 4 years.

The banquets are a really good time. They raise a LOT of money for the youth shooting sports, the food is GREAT, at least here in Lafayette, and it's a great place to mix with like-minded people.

I would encourage everyone to attend at least one banquet, and more if it suits you. Try your hand at the "games of chance", or not, but attend one anyway.

Oh yeah, two years ago my brother won the "Collection with Protection" raffle held in conjunction with the banquet. He won 6 firearms, and a 24 gun fire-safe, on a single $20 ticket that I bought in his name.
    He gave me the Weatherby SA08 he won, and kept the rest.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I went, and bought a bunch of tickets, and didnt win the M1A. Oh well it was a good time, and Ive lost money on alot worse causes in my day. Ill defintally be back.

BIG DADDYS GUNS and I were 2 sponcers that are on also advertisers here so that was pretty cool.

Last edited:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I attended the banquet also last night. I am on the working side of the Whitewater Valley Banquet. My company is also a sponsor and proud to be a part of this event.

I did take a gun home from the banquet but it was a sponsor gun and not something that I won.

There were lots of nice prizes and a great meal among a room full of true Patriot. I had a great time.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I have always wanted to go but unfortunately I would have to go right after work in my work clothes and I don't want to look worn down by the time I get there.

str8reiter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2010
    Top Bottom