• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I pulled this from a post I made a year ago....
    So there I was, walking down the street. I open carry my twin Glock 9's in a drop down holster, and wear body armor with some extra plates duct taped in for extra protection.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a horrendous ringing sound filled the air. The high pitched screaming started and the flood let out upon the street.

5 year olds! Everywhere! School let out. I wiped out my Twin Glock 9's and assumed a kneeling stance. I started firing but my 30 round magazines only hold so many rounds. After the smoke cleared and the ammo was out, I look down to see the slides locked back on both of my guns. I looked up, and saw the red shining behind their devil eyes.

The next part is a bit hazy, but the last thing I remember is the little girls laughing as they kicked me over and stripped me of my weapons. They ripped off the duct taped kevlar plates from my chest hair, and the last conscious glimpse was of a little pink sandel with a hello kitty picture on it heading for my face.

When I woke up, my weapons and body armor were gone. They had tied me to a lightpost with a couple jumpropes and had practiced their makeup skills on me. I looked down the street and their was only death and destruction. The five year old little girls had gone on a rampage.

A national guardsman eventually freed me from my predicament. He called me a fool. I could only nod and agree...​

You have to know the dangers and retain situational awareness! Don't be a victim!

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    First thing the bad guy does is try to pull the trigger, that will give you time to kick him in the co-jones, most bad guys don't know how to work a frame mounted safety

Yeah, most students in my Defensive Pistol for Bad Guys have a lot of trouble with 1911s. Even when they get to a more advanced course like Knocking Over a Liquor Store 201 and Robbing a Bank: Always Shoot the OC Guys First, then invariably forget about the thumb safety. I think it's because the preferred shooting position for bad guys is sideway shooting, with side sights. So the thumb safety is actually at the bottom of the gun (if it is held sideways). That takes it out the visual field, and you know what they say, out of sight, out of mind.

I usually kick them in the cojones if they forget. Sometimes, though, they are so egregiously forgetful that I have to kick them in the co-jones.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    nyte-sytes.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Watched the video and the officer said they want to find the parents to find out if it was intentional. Are you kidding me!?!

The parents of the kid, or the parents of the officer! "Officer, were you intentionally open carrying amongst children with a crappy holster?"

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a cop dress me down for OCing in public, telling me that a small child could just walk up and pull the trigger. Problem is, the Blackhawk Serpa completely shrouds the trigger in its trigger guard. The small child would first have to press the release and then lift the sidearm out of the holster far enough for the trigger to become accessible for there to even be a possibility of this. Same cop then proceeded to demonstrate how he could put his finger inside his own trigger guard while his sidearm was still fully holstered. Freaked me straight the Hell out when he did that.

Do they teach putting your finger inside your trigger guard to make stupid, bull**** points with which to browbeat innocent citizens into not OCing anymore at the LEA?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I had a cop dress me down for OCing in public, telling me that a small child could just walk up and pull the trigger. Problem is, the Blackhawk Serpa completely shrouds the trigger in its trigger guard. The small child would first have to press the release and then lift the sidearm out of the holster far enough for the trigger to become accessible for there to even be a possibility of this. Same cop then proceeded to demonstrate how he could put his finger inside his own trigger guard while his sidearm was still fully holstered. Freaked me straight the Hell out when he did that.

Do they teach putting your finger inside your trigger guard to make stupid, bull**** points with which to browbeat innocent citizens into not OCing anymore at the LEA?

In Terrible Haute they do

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    “Hopefully, speaking to the child and the child’s parents to find out how they were able to get access to the officer’s gun, what the child’s intent may have been—we don’t know if it was accidental or unintentional.”

How the child got access? HELLOOOO! The gun was at eye level to him. It caught the kids attention.
    Oh, and YES, it was totally intentional. I'm sorry, but what kind of officer (SWAT?) is that inattentive, as to even allow it to happen.
    A typical six year old kid... If it looks neat (i.e. Hot Wheels, crayon, rock, toys) touch it & figure out how it works.
    Obviously, the parents, most likely, know nothing of firearms & have not taught the child NO! NOT A TOY!

Just my
    :twocents:. Sorry for the :ranton:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    FWIW I know for a fact my finger can just reach the back of the trigger of my G17 w/ Streamlight in my Safariland Level III holster. The light changes the width of the base of the holster and leaves the trigger guard significantly more exposed than other non light bearing holsters. I'd a imagine that a young child with thinner fingers could reach further; and as a result, as always when wearing any holster, my hand is the only one that goes near the gun and any hand coming close is removed. However to get to the angle to make reaching and pulling the trigger possible is quite a feat and to get to the angle where one can not just touch, but reach around and pull the trigger even if holstered, well I can't figure out how the officer wouldn't have noticed and had some sense of SA, for the proximity and finesse required to reach in and around in the small but present gap.

What this incident further demonstrates is that the school system is letting our children down by forbiding and mystifying the guns (the officer would have been saved the humiliation and injury if he just followed the schools zero tolerance policy), so they're something that naturally inquisitive young minds and hands grab at and mimic behaviors from movies or games instead of teaching them the 4 rules, to get an adult and how to ask for permission from an adult to further examine. Given the officer was there to educate and demonstrate, I'd bet if he had his bug on or another officer to protect him, to remove clear and safely explain or pull out another from the cache of gear on hand to explain and educate on the safety rules, and why they carry a handgun when they have other guns.

Top Bottom