• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    While I believe it is true that you do not have to have your LTCH on you while carrying, I feel like it should come as no surprise that a process like this would follow should you carry without it. It seems that common sense would dictate that if you don't have your LTCH on you, you should automatically expect that the LEO would see the situation as a MWAG scenario, and render things safe until they can establish that you are a legal LTCH holder (which in my opinion, would mean the need to establish ID, one way or another, either by DL or LTCH number recitation).

So, I can see how a situation like this would arise, but I do think the officers took things to the extreme with their attitude and ignorant questioning, as described.

I am curious, though, if anyone might list what reasoning drives one to not carry their LTCH ("aside from any accidentally left behind scenario")? (I respect your right to choose not to, and will not argue your reasons. I am just not able to formulate a reason myself, but I admit that may just be born of my own ignorance -- if their is already a discussion about the subject on this forum, feel free to disregard my question)

Because INGunowners.com is more about spreading hate for law enforcement rather than a firearms forum. Most of the people that post here WANT a confrontation with LEO's so that they can come on here and complain about it and trash the police, no matter the outcome of their contact. You are correct in what you posted, but with that thought process, you won't be welcome on this website.;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That Sucks. At least keep a copy with you, however, I was told that you are not suppose to make a duplicate of the license.

People are "told" all kinds of things. You can't Open Carry. You can't carry a round in the chamber. The Lifetime LTCH is going away. You can't have a pistol outside your house. And on and on.
    Where is the code/law that makes it illegal? It is illegal to modify certain official documents I certain circumstances. There is a code/law for that. It is illegal to copy classified documents. But I hardly think the LTCH is a classified document.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    People are "told" all kinds of things. You can't Open Carry. You can't carry a round in the chamber. The Lifetime LTCH is going away. You can't have a pistol outside your house. And on and on.
    Where is the code/law that makes it illegal? It is illegal to modify certain official documents I certain circumstances. There is a code/law for that. It is illegal to copy classified documents. But I hardly think the LTCH is a classified document.
    You win my "out of context quote" contest. Your quote will appear in my sig for 1 week. Congratulations. :D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Because INGunowners.com is more about spreading hate for law enforcement rather than a firearms forum. Most of the people that post here WANT a confrontation with LEO's so that they can come on here and complain about it and trash the police, no matter the outcome of their contact. You are correct in what you posted, but with that thought process, you won't be welcome on this website.;)

I was thinking there was a much smaller percentage of trolls that post nonsense like you, but what do I know :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You win my "out of context quote" contest. Your quote will appear in my sig for 1 week. Congratulations. :D

Thank you for the honor.
    But I'm confused.
    Smokeeater stated he was told it is illegal to copy LTCH.
    I asked where it stated in code/law that it is.
    And that people always "say" things are illegal that aren't.
    Not sure how this is out of context.

But now that I've won, is there a prize? Maybe a crown? Or gift card to Cabelas or Blythes?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Thank you for the honor.
    But I'm confused.
    Smokeeater stated he was told it is illegal to copy LTCH.
    I asked where it stated in code/law that it is.
    And that people always "say" things are illegal that aren't.
    Not sure how this is out of context.

But now that I've won, is there a prize? Maybe a crown? Or gift card to Cabelas or Blythes?

The point is that he that he puts it in his signature without any context. :laugh:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I would think that the owner would have to decide. IMO an open business that is accepting you as a customer would be implied consent until proven otherwise.

Also once you pay for anything in the business, it could be argued that you have entered into a contractual agreement with the business, which would make it difficult for them to claim trespass as well IIRC.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    That Sucks. At least keep a copy with you, however, I was told that you are not suppose to make a duplicate of the license.

There is an entire thread concerning this... and it was determined that it is acceptable... determined by the chief of the State Police stating that it was OK. That being said, who wouldn't make a copy of it to prevent the accidental loss, destruction issues.... I personally did I high resolution scan of my un-signed LTCH, and obtained the PPP (pretty pink paper) that it is printed on.. viola, copies on-demand!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Also once you pay for anything in the business, it could be argued that you have entered into a contractual agreement with the business, which would make it difficult for them to claim trespass as well IIRC.

Even if that was a contract, it wouldn't apply here. If I contract with you to to mow the lawn at my house, can you move on to my lawn against my will and I have to evict you? No. That's stupid. You are trespassing.

There's a huge difference between having a contract with someone and having a contractual interest in the property, which is what the IC code requires.

grayblaster1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    North of Lafayette IN
    Sounds like someone was asking for problems, Be in the know and just how did they know you were armed? Just me but I would not show my cards! I am going to take a look see, but I think you are required to have your paper work with you and up to date at all times when nessary'?? IE if you walking and not carring you don't need ID, but who would be in this sistuation anyway? Just a thought.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sounds like someone was asking for problems, Be in the know and just how did they know you were armed? Just me but I would not show my cards! I am going to take a look see, but I think you are required to have your paper work with you and up to date at all times when nessary'?? IE if you walking and not carring you don't need ID, but who would be in this sistuation anyway? Just a thought.

Didn't read the thread, did you?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I am going to take a look see, but I think you are required to have your paper work with you and up to date at all times when nessary'??

And just what paper work would that be?

(Didn't I just ask that a few post ago with another member? Please read before posting.)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

I see your spelling is just as horrendous as your reading comprehension. You do not NEED to carry your license when carrying, it's recommended but not required. Obviously he showed his hand by open carrying, which you apparently frown upon. That's a different thread though. This isn't the place for OC v CC, so if you want to debate it, go to the thread about OC/CC debate. Please try to at least read the thread before discussing what was already discussed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom