• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I took two first time hunters out yesterday morning. This was a father/son hunt that I donated as a "guided hunt" for a Delta Waterfowl fundraiser. These two had never hunted waterfowl. The birds put on a great show for them. We killed our 3 man limit before the huge waves of birds came. After our limit we quickly just got out of the field and sat back watching 500+ birds land in the decoy spread. Needless to say they had a great time.

Here is 15 year old Andrew with his first limit of geese. The kid was a good shot for never goose hunting before. Good kid and a good dad.

After all the birds left, I called another buddy and told him that I would hunt the afternoon with him and his boy to see if we could get his son his first goose. Hayden is now 11, but has been going hunting with us since he was 2 or 3 years old. Hayden got a new gun for Christmas and was itching to actually try to shoot a goose for the first time. We didn't have a lot of bird action in the afternoon but he managed to get some chances to shoot. After a few "warm up misses" he connected on a big honker. His dad and I were both pretty proud of him.

Fun way to ring in 2014:ar15:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If ‪#‎snowmaggedon‬ holds off, I plan on being in the woods most of the day with my snow camo'd Hoyt trying one last time to stick another with an arrow.

Anyone else going out for one more hunt?

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I was out all day today, saw nothing. Lots of tracks and tore up ground as they dig up food prior to the storm. Gear is ready, I'll see how the morning is.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Seen the first deer in the daylight in days. They must have known this weather was coming. Four were in and around my garden. I took the biggest doe. I am very great full to have gotten this second doe of this season.

bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Took this 9pt on 10/27, the first and only day I have been out this season. I had missed him earlier that morning at 35yds, but he came back several times and finally gave me a good shot at 20yds. Oh, and I had two other bucks bedded 20-30yds from me when I pulled the trigger on this one. I had deer all over me from just after light until 12:30 when I took this guy. I watched bucks make scrapes and rubs, spar around some, chase does, for 5 hours. It was the best day I have spent in a stand.

very nice

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Seen the first deer in the daylight in days. They must have known this weather was coming. Four were in and around my garden. I took the biggest doe. I am very great full to have gotten this second doe of this season.

This deer might freeze hanging in my pole barn. Normally the temp would be regulated by the heated part of the barn, but I've been without power since 6:00 yesterday. Should I spend fuel to keep the barn above freezing or not be concerned? I'd prefer to let it age for a while.

Top Bottom