• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Heard bucks fighting tonight, something I've never heard in MZL season, learn something new everyday.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Close to even numbers by my count this year from hunting and pictures. Bucks are easier to id from the horns,,but that's my guess. Fight went on for about 10 minutes, clacking and thrashing around, then slowed down and stopped.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    My work schedule has been seriously cramping my hunting style. Slammed at work and been working 6 days a week since Sept. :( Good news is I just got back from checking some scrapes since its been 3 weeks since I've gotten out, looks like they've been recently "freshened up". Got the blood pumping again.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    3 does at last light, just not enough light in my peep to let the arrow fly.

A bigger peep makes it easier to see in low light, but screws up longer distance groups.
    Multiple glowing pins can also cause short focus of your eyes, the deer behind them diffusing.

You could go with a larger peep, or not use one (kisser) or just say to heck with sights all together ;)

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    No deer the past 2 mornings, but the coyotes were moving. These 2 were shot Friday morning about 30 minutes apart with my Knight in-line .50. Never doubled on coyotes on a hunt until now..... and I was deer hunting. Tally so far : 3 coyotes for season and all with blackpowder.

Took this coyote on the first weekend from the ground while set up in a fence row. Lyman .50 Great Plains rifle.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    A bigger peep makes it easier to see in low light, but screws up longer distance groups.
    Multiple glowing pins can also cause short focus of your eyes, the deer behind them diffusing.

You could go with a larger peep, or not use one (kisser) or just say to heck with sights all together ;)

yeah, I've always used the G5 Meta, but having traded for this bow after my previous one got stolen, I just sighted it in as best I could and have been hunting.

After the season, I'll change out peeps and have the draw length shortened a half an inch to get it where I need it to be ;)

This bow has the HHA Sports Optimizer Ultra, so it's nice to only have one pin to deal with.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Hunted 2/3 of the day due to my wife having a Christmas party... the woods were D. E. A. D.! I did however spend some time scouting out a couple new areas and saw some killer sign. Til next weekend!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Im trying to decide if im going in the morning. its public land so i worried it will be packed since its a sunday. I've gone a few days and have yet to see a deer but there is sign everywhere.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    In the stand this morning well before daylight. Only saw 2 raccoons, been this way in the mornings at different spots in different counties. Slow.... and due to working evenings I miss the best time at last light

Top Bottom