• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    No deer down tonight, had a small 6pt bed down 30 yards in front of my stand around 4:30. He layed there until 5:50 before finally getting up and heading deeper into the woods.

I did see my first bobcat tonight. I knew they were out there (neighboring landowner had one on trail cam) but had never spotted one. About 5:00 he came from the south and walked 50 yards in fron of me headed north. Watched him mill around in the weed field before heading out of sight. All in all it was a great hunt, just COLD.....

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Been hunting since I was old enough to walk, and finall at 25 years old, I got the chance to drop my first buck. I couldn't be happier and all the years of waiting for the right one finally paid off I downed this 10pt Saturday afternoon at 3:10. 358 Hoosier at 125yds and he went down 10yds from where I shot him.

00EA358F-BBF6-4325-9C5B-D2AC95CAEC4C-1249-000001F0ABB974B1_zpsdce374f6.jpg

8D1A3AE5-793C-4EA9-9B8B-08F53D3B6E0D-1249-000001F0C09E5673_zpsc9e7d378.jpg
    Nice crab claws

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Not a hunter but enjoy seeing the deer in the woods.

Saw these ladies around 11 am today.

ap98i.jpg

I think most hunters will agree that part of the attraction of being is the woods is seeing the beauty of nature up close and personal. You have the pleasure of seeing that every day from your back yard!

Plus, I'd say it is safe to say that should you ever decide to hunt, you know of a good place to go, and also have the exact ranges figured out for some key shots. Just to quiz ya, what's the distance on those does? 75 yds or so?

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    No deer down tonight, had a small 6pt bed down 30 yards in front of my stand around 4:30. He layed there until 5:50 before finally getting up and heading deeper into the woods.

I did see my first bobcat tonight. I knew they were out there (neighboring landowner had one on trail cam) but had never spotted one. About 5:00 he came from the south and walked 50 yards in fron of me headed north. Watched him mill around in the weed field before heading out of sight. All in all it was a great hunt, just COLD.....
    I got to see my first bobcat in the wild on Sunday. Couldn't get a pic because he was on the move and in some really thick stuff back in the woods. Took 3 years for that to happen.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Congrats to all the deer taken so far!! I haven't had time to get in the woods yet but I hope to soon, can't wait. :) And thanks for the nice scenery lovemywoods! Nature and deer hunting rules!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I got my 2nd deer ever on Saturday morning. 2 for 3 on deer vs days hunting, not a bad start to my new hunting hobby.

It was a fairly small doe shot with a .50cal muzzleloader from a little over 100 yards. Unlike my first deer, she went straight down, so I felt like I somehow redeemed myself after having to track the first one.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Man page 11 and 12 have some dandy bucks and a very nice doe too.... Congrats to you all.... Nice job everyone... ;) I can't see a shooter , olny seen 5 dink bucks and a few does all season.... But he will come by in due time....

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Nice deer everybody!

I could have went out yesterday afternoon but talked myself out of it. Spent some extra time making sure the poultry were warm enough and had thawed water. Then the snow started coming down again. It sounded nice to hunt in the snow, but not so nice to think about dragging out a kill or field-dressing with temps in the teens. I whimped out. I may regret that decision in about a week and a half.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    PhotoEditor-1416266616296.jpg My eleven year old killed a small doe last night. He had killed a doe the last two seasons and was determined this year to only shoot a buck. His decision. She walked in with fifteen minutes of light left and he couldn't handle it any more.Dropped her with his 44. Now I'm working on getting my eight year old his first. We've seen a lot of deer since Saturday and had several in easy range for him just couldn't get them in the open. Maybe tonight. I have not shoot any all year while waiting for the buck I want. Unfortunately I have had no luck getting on a good one. Very slow season for me.

michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I got my 2nd deer ever on Saturday morning. 2 for 3 on deer vs days hunting, not a bad start to my new hunting hobby.

It was a fairly small doe shot with a .50cal muzzleloader from a little over 100 yards. Unlike my first deer, she went straight down, so I felt like I somehow redeemed myself after having to track the first one.

Nothing wrong with having to track a deer. I actually think I always have to track it a little ways. If you double lung them they will run a bit, but they will always die and you will always ruin next to no meet. Shoot them in the shoulder, they probably won't run much, but kiss that meat goodbye.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    shot a doe through the heart once. Had to track it 300 yards. No blood at all for the first 250. Thank the Lord for the snow or I'd never have found her.

Top Bottom