• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    After 19 years of carrying a 4" 1911 I'm going to a Glock 26?

Well I'm going to try it out at least. Gotta spend a lot of range time before making the change but with the way the world is going these days I think it's time for more mag capacity. I should probable just go completely off the deep end and buy a 19 but for some reason I am drawn to the 26?

Will the great 1911 gods still let me in heaven when its all over?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After 19 years of carrying a 4" 1911 I'm going to a Glock 26?

Well I'm going to try it out at least. Gotta spend a lot of range time before making the change but with the way the world is going these days I think it's time for more mag capacity. I should probable just go completely off the deep end and buy a 19 but for some reason I am drawn to the 26?

Will the great 1911 gods still let me in heaven when its all over?

No.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    45 to 9mm?,1911 to a Glock? Next will be, should I CC or OC. You should really ban hammer yourself at this point!
    I don't have purple

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    What is the mag capacity difference? I conceal carry my commander 1911 with 10+1 rounds of 45 acp. The 26 is a 10 rounder is it not? And yes I know u can get a 33 rd mag for the glock blah blah blah.

But no u will be stuck in limbo for eternity choosing between the 1911 and glock over and over and over and over and over and over!

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Carry what is comfortable to you. I've tried to fall and/or jump off of the Glock bandwagon. It keeps circling back to get me. I will use the 1911 for competition over the Glock, most days though. :dunno: (The Glock gods will always welcome you.)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Carry what is comfortable to you. I've tried to fall and/or jump off of the Glock bandwagon. It keeps circling back to get me. I will use the 1911 for competition over the Glock, most days though. :dunno: (The Glock gods will always welcome you.)

The Glock "gods" have very low standards. They'll let anyone in. Wife use Tupperware? Come on in! Kids have Legos? Welcome, brother!

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    What is the mag capacity difference? I conceal carry my commander 1911 with 10+1 rounds of 45 acp. The 26 is a 10 rounder is it not? And yes I know u can get a 33 rd mag for the glock blah blah blah.

But no u will be stuck in limbo for eternity choosing between the 1911 and glock over and over and over and over and over and over!

I carry 8rd mags in my 1911, the 26 is 10+1 but I will be carrying +2 on top of that (depending on the print under the shirt) and my spare mag will be a 15rd. Just can't touch that with a 1911 mag. With modern day carry ammo the 9mm I think is just as bad ass as the .45 when factoring in the extra ammo. Just my thought process on the whole thing. If it's right or will work out who knows?

Oh and don't worry I won't be selling any of my 1911's No chance in hell of that happening.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    The memories of a 1911 will outlast you. The G26 is a new world, do not fear. The weight and concealability will honor you. Shoot it, learn the reset trigger, and start looking for a G17 now. Your Commander is safe, Glocks won't boot it to the junk heap. They both work!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The beauty of this is that you can have both.
    I love my glock 19 and I love my new Les Baer Stinger 45

Exactly, don't overthink it. I personally think the G19 carries as well as the G26. Just not that much difference for the loss of 5 rounds. If you try it and end up not liking it, sell the Glock in the Classifieds. Pick a used one up for ~$450 and sell it for the same. No downside.

Top Bottom