• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but OH is currently a state in which one may carry openly, without any sort of permit, yes?

This means they only need the permit to carry concealed.

In short, anti-gunners are arguing that gun owners should have to have a permit to wear a coat.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but OH is currently a state in which one may carry openly, without any sort of permit, yes?

In short, anti-gunners are arguing that gun owners should have to have a permit to wear a coat.

While I understand your reasoning, and believe it to be sound, you do realize that any self respecting liberal will tear this argument apart with foul language, wild acts of violence, and threatening violence on innocents, right?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    While I understand your reasoning, and believe it to be sound, you do realize that any self respecting liberal will tear this argument apart with foul language, wild acts of violence, and threatening violence on innocents, right?

...and we're somehow the unbalanced crazies here, how?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

This was at least true prior to them getting a permit. I recall the organization of open carry protests to make that exact point. Out-of-staters were told to wear an empty holster as they weren't sure if the law applied to non-residents or not. As such, I elected not to participate in person but did assist in other ways.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    This was at least true prior to them getting a permit. I recall the organization of open carry protests to make that exact point. Out-of-staters were told to wear an empty holster as they weren't sure if the law applied to non-residents or not. As such, I elected not to participate in person but did assist in other ways.

I would have probably refused to participate in an open carry protest where the organizers themselves were unsure of the law as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So here's the question, let's say Indiana adopts Constitutional Carry. Would it then be acceptable if the state stopped printing LTCHs?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So here's the question, let's say Indiana adopts Constitutional Carry. Would it then be acceptable if the state stopped printing LTCHs?

No. Reciprocity is critical for some of us. Just let the LTCH be optional, for those of us who need it in order to maintain our rights in other states.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

No. Reciprocity is critical for some of us. Just let the LTCH be optional, for those of us who need it in order to maintain our rights in other states.

Something I've thought about but haven't studied yet: In the states that have CC, does that apply to residents of the given state only? Or can "out-of-staters" carry there as well, whether the states recognize one and/or the other?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Something I've thought about but haven't studied yet: In the states that have CC, does that apply to residents of the given state only? Or can "out-of-staters" carry there as well, whether the states recognize one and/or the other?

Constitutional carry means there is no statutory restriction of carry for anyone lawfully able to possess a firearm. Carry is lawful unless a statute makes it unlawful.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Would there be a cost associated with having a physical LTCH? If not, I don't see why it would be in the state's interest to address, at a cost to itself, a problem that occurs outside of its borders.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

I thought your badge allowed you to carry there?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

As far as I know you can carry in these states without a LTCH. I have never seen any exception carved out for out of staters. Once you cross their border you are good to go, as far as I know.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Would there be a cost associated with having a physical LTCH? If not, I don't see why it would be in the state's interest to address, at a cost to itself, a problem that occurs outside of its borders.

Well, assuming the fingerprinting and background check requirements go away, and the cost is literally the administrative cost of processing the application and printing/mailing the LTCH, there would still reasonably be a cost, but significantly less than the current cost.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, assuming the fingerprinting and background check requirements go away, and the cost is literally the administrative cost of processing the application and printing/mailing the LTCH, there would still reasonably be a cost, but significantly less than the current cost.

If it did go away (the fingerprinting and background check), why would it be in the interest of non-constitutional carry states to honor our, meaningless (to them) physical ltch? Out of curiosity does Indiana all persons from constitutional carry states to carry here?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If it did go away (the fingerprinting and background check), why would it be in the interest of non-constitutional carry states to honor our, meaningless (to them) physical ltch? Out of curiosity does Indiana all persons from constitutional carry states to carry here?

If the fingerprinting or (more likely) the background check requirement needed to remain in order to maintain reciprocity, I'd be fine with that. I've already done it anyway.

Indiana honors permits from all states except for Vermont, which does not issue a permit. I would assume that means that Vermont residents do not have a legal means to carry in Indiana, unless they obtain a non-resident permit from some other state.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    As far as I know you can carry in these states without a LTCH. I have never seen any exception carved out for out of staters. Once you cross their border you are good to go, as far as I know.

And you would be VERY wrong. Permitless carry does NOT cross the border. Look at VT for example:

http://handgunlaw.us/states/vermont.pdf

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Top Bottom