• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Government must be involved in your familial transaction. There are laws regulating this. Don't do anything illegal.

People are being prosecuted everywhere right now. The vultures lurk looking for their pound of flesh.

Individual Liberty is going away. We must all bend to the will of government.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thank you, gentleman. I asked so that I wouldn't do anything illegal. I have zero plans to screw up my life for a silly government regulation.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It is a bit silly that if your family member lived in the same state - no problem. If either one of you lived just 20 feet on either side of the state line you'd be committing a felony.

Heck - he could buy it, move to this state and establish residency and THEN give it to you and you'd both be fine.

These laws make no sense.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It is a bit silly that if your family member lived in the same state - no problem. If either one of you lived just 20 feet on either side of the state line you'd be committing a felony.

Heck - he could buy it, move to this state and establish residency and THEN give it to you and you'd both be fine.

Many things don't anymore. Everytime I attend a firearm show, I think to myself, "who knows when the last one will be?" My brother wanted to purchase a gun for my birthday, but it looks like he can't. I figured this was the case, but I thought I would ask the experts.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

You are just cruisin' for trouble buddy. We must all comply. You too. No matter how much it doesn't make sense. The un-elected officials have created regulations and we have no choice but to comply.

Get with the pogram.

BTW, if you hear of an unsanctioned transfer, Uncle Sugar would appreciate a notification. I'm sure.

There might even be a cash award.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You are just cruisin' for trouble buddy. We must all comply. You too. No matter how much it doesn't make sense. The un-elected officials have created regulations and we have no choice but to comply.

Get with the pogram.

BTW, if you hear of an unsanctioned transfer, Uncle Sugar would appreciate a notification. I'm sure.

How is he cruisin for trouble?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It's too bad I lost all of my firearms in a tragic boating accident on a lake that I don't remember it's name or how to get to it... That seems to happen to every firearm that I manage to obtain so I've given up on obtaining new ones...

That's the official narrative and I'm sticking to it.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Many things don't anymore. Everytime I attend a firearm show, I think to myself, "who knows when the last one will be?" My brother wanted to purchase a gun for my birthday, but it looks like he can't. I figured this was the case, but I thought I would ask the experts.

Why doesn't your brother just give you the cash and let you go buy from your LGS :dunno:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It is far better to sit and watch another episode of your favorite TV show than to risk breaking an administrative law created by a committee in a federal agency.

You must comply. There is no other choice. Unless you chooose to be an outlaw. You will get no advice on how to do that on this forum.

You must always strive to follow all laws and regulations.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It is far better to sit and watch another episode of your favorite TV show than to risk breaking an administrative law created by a committee in a federal agency.

You must comply. There is no other choice. Unless you chooose to be an outlaw. You will get no advice on how to do that on this forum.

You must always strive to follow all laws and regulations.
    You know it's sad when you have to go out of your way to be a law-abiding citizen.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    You know it's sad when you have to go out of your way to be a law-abiding citizen.

The worst part is that there really isn't a way to be a law-abiding citizen. There are so many laws, codes, etc. written in such broad terms that you have undoubtedly broken some law at some point; the question is whether or not you rise to a level that causes a prosecutor to file charges, but you are certainly guilty of something.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009

Don't you love it when unelected, untouchable bureaucrats sit in there offices hundreds of miles away and dictate your conduct. I love the Federal Commerce clause.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Not trying to hi-jack this thread but since my father is getting up there in age and lives in the peoples republic of IL what would be the correct procedure when he passes? Bring his firearms to IN and have the transfer performed here? Have the transfer perfromed know while he is still alive and just store them at his home until his passing?

Top Bottom