OK, i was at the Kedallville gun show this weekend, and it happened..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I had an actual 5 year old girl walk up and tugged on my G-26. I was afraid for my life, i couldn't believe this was happening to me. It happened in such a blur, and i was shocked. All that went through my head was the possible blood shed, the crazy child on a rampage, what was i to do? I said don't touch daddy's gun honey, go sit with mommy. All this time i thought it was all a joke, and come to find out it is one of my own! I will be going trough her things and checking for procured firearms, if she has disarmed you, i am sorry, and will make every effort to return your property.
    Yes this did happen, and yes she is 5 years old until July. I thought it was one of the funniest things, and the first thing i thought of was INGO. She knows she can't touch any gun without me, or her mother, and since it was mine, she thought it was OK. She knows better now.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    That was a great story. Thanks for sharing. And I can totally see why you thought of INGO immediately. By the way, I am missing one of my firearms, I hope that your daughter didnt take it. haha.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    +1 for having the right situational awareness to handle this. All too often the owner is completely disarmed before they know what's happening.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I had an actual 5 year old girl walk up and tugged on my G-26. I was afraid for my life, i couldn't believe this was happening to me. It happened in such a blur, and i was shocked. All that went through my head was the possible blood shed, the crazy child on a rampage, what was i to do? I said don't touch daddy's gun honey, go sit with mommy. All this time i thought it was all a joke, and come to find out it is one of my own! I will be going trough her things and checking for procured firearms, if she has disarmed you, i am sorry, and will make every effort to return your property.
    Yes this did happen, and yes she is 5 years old until July. I thought it was one of the funniest things, and the first thing i thought of was INGO. She knows she can't touch any gun without me, or her mother, and since it was mine, she thought it was OK. She knows better now.
    Bad Dad. She will probably be scared for life.:):

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I'm still not out of the woods, i think she was training her 4 year old sister to take over for her. They are slick like that, they have both claimed a rifle for themselves. My 5 year old picked a Marlin model 60 .22lr with a scope, and the 4 year old claimed a Stevens bolt action .22lr. My biggest problem is there older brother, he just turned 12, and he is trying to claim my GP100 as his.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Ohh... It usually starts with the small stuf like that. Seriously, you were lucky to have escaped with your life. Just give her the guns, man. As many as she wants. Until she's 21. Then mayyyyyybe*** just maybe, she'll protect you with them. Good lord man! That was a close one.

Top Bottom