• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Okay guys ( or gals). Need the no BS info. I am contemplating buying a Savage Arms 93R17XP in .17HMR in full Mossy Oak camo even the scope and rings and all metal (except bolt) are camo. IMHO it looks really neat. Thing is... I have NEVER owned a Savage rifle of any kind. Does anyone out there own one like or similar to the one I have described? If so can you give me your honest opinion on likes, dislikes, does the camo wear off after awhile?Anything? I may squirrel or ground hog hunt with it? But mostly just plinking at my happy place the Winamac state range. Appreciate ANY input. Thanks. :D[h=1]Savage Arms 93R17XP 17HMR[/h]

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I had one of the Savage 93r17 FV models for a little while along with other various Savage rifles in various flavors (so yes I'm a Savage fan boy and not scared to admit it :@ya:). Gun shot great and was very nice. To me this 17 is kind of a niche round though. Although inside 200yrds its a very capable round for small game if your hunter which I'm not. I just shoot paper so the small grain bullet tends to drift quite a bit a range if there is any wind so take that into consideration. For me Id rather just shoot one of my 223 bolt guns apposed to the 17 which is why I sold it. But they are a nice rifle and shoot well. If you like it and have the money give one a shot, no one will be able to answer the question for you until you shoot one yourself to see if you like it. Good luck :yesway:

mdoyle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    United States
    I ahve a Savage .22 Mag. Ive always been happy with it. The bolt is fairly smooth and it's always shot well. My dad owns a Savage .17 HMR. He loves it. I've witnessed some pretty amazing shots made with it.

gpjerry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I have a savage .17 hmr in black. Good shooting little rifle. I would check out some u-tube videos of damage on squirrels before I bought one for hunting for meat. That fast moving little slug leaves a pretty big cavity.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My wife has one left handed, wood stock and loves it. Need to find her a decent leather sling though before the Meet and Shoots start up.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    None of us seem to have the camo version but the basic rifle is gtg. Savage makes a good gun. The more upscale versions like the one you are looking at have stocks that are more substantial feeling than the base models so you got that going for you.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    I have a 93 wood stock heavy barrel. You can punch out quarter size groups at 100 yards with off a bench. Favorite gun

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    We have a pre-Accutrigger Savage 93 .17hmr and it is very sweet. Looking forward to spring and groundhogs. How much is the camo version you are considering? (If you don't mind me asking)...

We are dialed in with 17g Hornady vmax and it will easily shoot dime size groups.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    We have a pre-Accutrigger Savage 93 .17hmr and it is very sweet. Looking forward to spring and groundhogs. How much is the camo version you are considering? (If you don't mind me asking)...

We are dialed in with 17g Hornady vmax and it will easily shoot dime size groups.

No problem I don't mind at all. It is right at a $400.00 dollar bill which includes the scope w/ rings. I THINK the scope is Bushnell?

Jdubbs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Dearborn County
    I have a 93 and like it. I saw savages new release of their 17hmr semi auto and im definetly interested in it. Check the video out on youtube. They claim its as accurate as their boot guns with the added advantage of semi auto. I think i might need one now. Definetly something to check out

Top Bottom