• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    A sign "Abort Obama, not babies" has gotten a man pulled over, his sign confiscated, and gotten his house searched by the secret service.

http://www.newsok.com/okc-officer-p...article/3347038?custom_click=headlines_widget

I find this example of Facism extremely appalling and downright scary. We all remember what folks were allowed to say about our last president.

I advise you all to call and email the OKC PD and express your displeasure.
    (405) 231-2121
    ocpd.pio@okc.gov
    Welcome to the Oklahoma City Police Department Web-Site

Here's my email to the department:

Hello,
    In the news today I read a very disturbing, chilling article. In it, your officer pulled over a man who had a sign in his window that said "Abort Obama, not babies".

This is absolutely appalling. Your officer has greatly overstepped his bounds. Instead of protecting and serving the community, you have become an arm of facism for the Obama administration. The poor excuse by "Capt. Steve McCool" that the officer "interpreted the sign as a threat" is ridiculous and obviously false. This is a clear violation of the motorist's freedom of speech, and a grim reminder that we the people are losing our freedoms thanks to power-hungry excuses for public servants. I don't need to remind you of all of the nasty things that we the people were allowed to say about the last president for the last eight years.

I wish you to know in no uncertain terms that I strongly disapprove if your department's actions. Your officer should be aborted. Yes, he should have his job terminated. Your department should start screening it's officers to weed out fascist tendencies and those who take a mere difference in political opinion to be an excuse to violate the freedoms of the people.

Regards,

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My letter to them:

I am extremely disturbed that your police department is attacking people for exercising their First Amendment rights to be critical of the President. It is utterly unprofessional, and a stain on your honor and your badges. It is incidents like this that make me glad I no longer carry a badge, and do not have to be tainted by actions such as those taken by your department. The conduct of your officers is nothing short of an attack on our Constitution, an action that only criminals with badges would take. The conduct of your department is shameful, and utterly un-American. I am disgusted, and if you have any sense of what it means to be an American left in you, you would be, too.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Finity will be along shortly to explain how the Democrats are defending "all the rest of the BoR." Just wait.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gentlemen, be advised that you letters will be forwarded to the state attorney general and you may be interned in a program until your ideas are
    a little more politically correct.

Can't we all just go along? Anything contrary to the lord obama
    can be construed as hate speech....... oh crap, I did it too.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    All I have to say about this:

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."
    HATE GROUPS!?!?!?!

Why does this seem to fall on race, why is Obama pulling this race card? I don't dislike Obama because of his race, I dislike Obama because I don't think he can be trusted! Even if this man had belonged to say the KKK, what does this change? Is it now illegal to belong to a organization? Why are they still allowed to hold rallies?

I am tired of people saying the only reason people resent Obama is because of his race. I understand that racist people do exist and that some do hate him simply because of his race, but I think its safe to say the majority does not.

On another note, what this officer has done is simply appalling, it was like punching the American flag in the face. I sincerely hope that we do not have any officers around my area that share these views. This was a abuse of power, anybody with any common sense can make the connection of what point the sign was trying to make.

Maybe if this man had a sign stating "Visit [insert website] to help in Obama Assassination" or something similar. That would merit a cause for concern, this was taken entirely out of context and blown out of proportion.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Right- Can't people think what they want? No Big freaking deal if I hate Bush, but pull me over if I hate the O-child.

Hate is an emotion, not a frwaking crime.

I don't know about you all, but in this enviornment I would never put out an anti-O sign. Getting my car keyed and my house stalked is not worth it.

All I have to say about this:

HATE GROUPS!?!?!?!

Why does this seem to fall on race, why is Obama pulling this race card? I don't dislike Obama because of his race, I dislike Obama because I don't think he can be trusted! Even if this man had belonged to say the KKK, what does this change? Is it now illegal to belong to a organization? Why are they still allowed to hold rallies?

I am tired of people saying the only reason people resent Obama is because of his race. I understand that racist people do exist and that some do hate him simply because of his race, but I think its safe to say the majority does not.

On another note, what this officer has done is simply appalling, it was like punching the American flag in the face. I sincerely hope that we do not have any officers around my area that share these views. This was a abuse of power, anybody with any common sense can make the connection of what point the sign was trying to make.

Maybe if this man had a sign stating "Visit [insert website] to help in Obama Assassination" or something similar. That would merit a cause for concern, this was taken entirely out of context and blown out of proportion.

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    ''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."
    Just wow...I'm scewed...On a trip to Europe in high school, I thought it would be cool to have two flags I saw for sale...East German (3'x5')and USSR (atleast 5'x8' if not larger). Cuff me now and throw away the key.

porkpie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Just wow...I'm scewed...On a trip to Europe in high school, I thought it would be cool to have two flags I saw for sale...East German (3'x5')and USSR (atleast 5'x8' if not larger). Cuff me now and throw away the key.

I think you've got it wrong. Those are the flags of our new role models-you will probably be hailed as a progressive by the new administration and given some sort of award.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The term "thought police" is apparently no longer solely the realm of the tinfoil hat crowd.

Well, we all knew this was coming. The problem is, a significant portion of the people in this county not only do not object to such heinous precedent, they welcome it.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    the officer "interpreted the sign as a threat"

Yet the "My kid can beat up your honor student" bumper stickers aren't?
    lmao.gif

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    construed as a threat to Obama my azz.... the next sentence clearly stated his opinion

Police Chief needs to play smack-a-cop for being stupid

Top Bottom