• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I have been traveling down the road to old guy eyes over the last few years. I have trifocals that 2 years ago I needed only in the office but I wear almost all the time I'm awake.

I realized my favorite guns are now scoped rifles. I have difficulty seeing pistol sights. I have dropped off from shooting skeet. The last deer I shot I had a 2 different sight pictures to use. I chose the bottom sight & got the doe.

I am not whining or want a lot of flack. It is a fact of my life now.

I has a flash of insight & talked to my optometrist regarding single vision lenses that will help me see the front sight. He has several patients that have these. He wants me to bring in a assortment of the firearms that I want to see the front sight on so he can determine a focal length for me.

Do any of you use single vision lenses to help you see the front sight?

I am intrigued by peep sights. I don't want to be tied to scoped rifles for the rest of my life.

Do any of my aging INGO friends have peep sights on their rifles?

How does any of this help with bird hunting?...with deer hunting?...with rabbit hunting?...with target shooting?

Sorry to ramble. :dunno:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I'm an iron sight guy too Pete. The one thing I've found that absolutely worked for me are no-line glasses. I can now see clearly up close and out to infinity by just raising my eyes. The peep sight is now clear and it doesn't effect my vision at far distances...clear as glass.

With no-line glasses you should get your 'Young guy eyes' back :yesway:

Top Bottom