• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    I recently "found" my old Ithica Model 37 Featherlight Ser.#371433070 and I wondered what one might do to "get it ready to race again". It has been stored in a fairly decent Browning rifle case lined in sheepskin (I believe). The wood on the gun looks beautiful and I am trying to better understand what/whatNOT to put on the gun (both metal and wood). Any recommendations out there?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think this might have been posted in the wrong forum. This may have been the one you were looking for. Perhaps a mod could help move it. Good luck with the old Ithica.

Long Guns - INGunOwners

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No problem. It happens. We'll not mention the posts I've screwed up. :D

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    You do not mention condition of the metal. A picture would help. Are you wanting to refinish it? First thing, get it out of the case! Cases are good for transporting your firearm but not good for storage, even a good quality case. The lining can hold moisture. Main thing is get that old gun out shooting. While I am not fortunate enough to own one I have a very good friend who has carried his dads old 37 while we are out rabbit hunting for more years than I can remember. It has never failed him and being a featherlight is a joy to carry in the field.

Top Bottom