• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    I’m hoping y’all can help me find some magazines. I am looking for steel original Metric Pattern magazines. DSA made them at one point but they have been out of stock for a while. They used to be readily available at gun shows in the 90’s.
    Any help is appreciated.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Thanks for the input. I wish these were an option. This is an older Bushmaster 308. When it was built the designers made it to use the readily available surplus (at the time) metric pattern magazines. Unfortunately these plastic magazines are Not an option.
    Thanks again for helping

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    When I acquired the rifle and before I knew it required the metric pattern magazines I purchased 10 magpul plastic 308 mags. To my dismay they didn’t work. Luckily my cousin could use them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks for the input. I wish these were an option. This is an older Bushmaster 308. When it was built the designers made it to use the readily available surplus (at the time) metric pattern magazines. Unfortunately these plastic magazines are Not an option.
    Thanks again for helping
    Says

Fits the FN FAL Rifle
    .308 Winchester/7.62x51mm NATO
    20 rounds
    For metric pattern rifles
    Black Zytel nylon construction
    Made in USA

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Says

Fits the FN FAL Rifle
    .308 Winchester/7.62x51mm NATO
    20 rounds
    For metric pattern rifles
    Black Zytel nylon construction
    Made in USA
    Well now that may be a different story. I’ll be reaching out to them asap. DSA informed me that the only magazines that would work would have to be metal.
    Thank you very much. Especially for the follow-up.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well now that may be a different story. I’ll be reaching out to them asap. DSA informed me that the only MAGA that would work would have to be metal.
    Thank you very much. Especially for the follow-up.
    That plastic magazine lower link is a DSA made magazine for metric pattern rifles.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Let's clarify what gun you have.
    It is a Bushmaster?
    AR-10 (assuming since it is .308)
    It is not a FAL as I do not think Bushmaster made one?
    Where did you get the term metric pattern (that is usually FAL talk).

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Let's clarify what gun you have.
    It is a Bushmaster?
    AR-10 (assuming since it is .308)
    It is not a FAL as I do not think Bushmaster made one?
    Where did you get the term metric pattern (that is usually FAL talk).
    It is a Bushmaster 308 in the AR platform. Years ago Bushmaster built the lower to use the (at that time) readily available and cheap surplus FAL metric pattern magazines.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    That plastic magazine lower link is a DSA made magazine for metric pattern rifles.
    Seen that. I have been communicating with an individual at DSA since July of 2022. The following is the email he originally sent me. I reach out occasionally to see if they are available yet.

You will want to be looking for steel original Metric Pattern magazines. Not polymer as these are generally over-molded and won’t fit the magazine well.

They will need to look like this:

https://dsarms.com/p-13512-dsa-fal-sa58-us-made-metric-pattern-magazine-20-round.aspx

Sadly though we do not have anything in stock at this time that will fit your rifle. We do expect to have more of the above magazines out of production and available for sale by years end though.

Thanks, Mike
    DS Arms Customer Service
    Phone: 847-277-7258
    Fax: 847-277-7259
    Hours: M-F 8:30 to 5:00 Central

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Sadly these mags were being almost given away at gun shows back in that 90’s. Kind of surprised some entrepreneur hasn’t started making them. There are a lot of rifles out there that use them. Guess I’ll stick with what I have, which isn’t enough.
    Thanks folks.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Sadly these mags were being almost given away at gun shows back in that 90’s. Kind of surprised some entrepreneur hasn’t started making them. There are a lot of rifles out there that use them. Guess I’ll stick with what I have, which isn’t enough.
    Thanks folks.
    Well if ya got nothing going on Saturday. The big gun show is in Louisville. Might find some there

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    I have high hopes DSA will do a run of the proper metal magazines. I check often.
    Wish I could go to the show. Been a long time. To long of a drive for a busy weekend.
    Thanks

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have high hopes DSA will do a run of the proper metal magazines. I check often.
    Wish I could go to the show. Been a long time. To long of a drive for a busy weekend.
    Thanks
    If you need new springs look and see of Wolff makes them or contact them on a possible other spring that will fit those magazines.
    Them magazines IIRC are built pretty solid. If the follower is gtg might just need new springs.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    URL unfurl="true"]https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/thermold-fn-fal-magazine-308-win-762x51mm-nato-20-rounds?a=1747819[/URL]
    So I received a reply back from Sportsman’s Guide to my inquiry about the Thermold magazines. It wasn’t exactly reassuring. It basically said, “They Should work”. The “Should” doesn’t give me confidence. LoL.
    Anyone have experience (good or bad) with Thermold magazines?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So I received a reply back from Sportsman’s Guide to my inquiry about the Thermold magazines. It wasn’t exactly reassuring. It basically said, “They Should work”. The “Should” doesn’t give me confidence. LoL.
    Anyone have experience (good or bad) with Thermold magazines?
    Like was said above. Go to gun shows and keep your eyes open for them. Probably going to be expensive so be prepared.

Top Bottom