• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I have a funny feeling I know the builder of this gun. We are shooting Sunday in greenfield so if you would like to check out a stillboard shoot pm me if you are interested.

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I have some bird shot I am gonna put through it out of curiosity. But other then that it's a little to sketchy for me lol
    if your going to shoot it make sure it's a light load and if you can find 9 shot that would be best. Do not shoot Wagner 9's thru it they are a very hot compatetion load.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The old Wards Westernfield I had was a Mossberg 500.
    Pull your barrel and compare it to a Mossberg barrel.
    I'll bet you'll find they're the same.

It won't be. This is the same as a Stevens 520, a really cool old takedown shotgun with no disconnector (which means it will slam fire, I know, cool right!)? I have a 620 that looks like an old trench gun myself. I like how it breaks down and fits into a old tool bag for discreet travel.

Anyway, a member here by the same of SAMSON is a Stevens 520 and 620 affecianado. I know he collects and rebuilds them, he may have an extra barrel or know where you could find one.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I need to remember to call the shop with the barrel, if they dont have it I will try to get a hold of him. Already found a reproduction heat shield/bayonet lug. Now I just need to decide if I want to Cerakote it Parkerize it or just keep the patina.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have some bird shot I am gonna put through it out of curiosity. But other then that it's a little to sketchy for me lol

I wouldn't chance it.
    Those welds are seriously undercut.
    Even if the barrel was thick enough to compensate for the undercutting, I'll guarantee you the temper is gone at that point in the barrel.
    Being at the mouth of the chamber, there's a whole bunch of pressure there.

Your gun, and eyes, and fingers, and face...

Do what you feel is right.
    To me, that would be to remove and destroy that barrel. Make sure someone else can't use it unknowingly.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It has a very mellow, even patina, but if you do want to refinish it I think parkerizing would look more "proper" than cerakote by far.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    Well I went to pm SAMSON and it looks like he hasn't been on for just over 3 years. So looks lo Ike I'll just have to keep and eye out for a barrel.

Top Bottom