• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It's a shame that our USA Olympic Shooting Team gets no taxpayer money to help sponsor them. Most other sports do. I support what I can. Wish they would show more on TV and the news.
    I like it, but to spectators, it's really about as interesting as watching paint dry. Most gun owners would be hard-pressed to name two Olympic shooting events in each discipline.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I like it, but to spectators, it's really about as interesting as watching paint dry. Most gun owners would be hard-pressed to name two Olympic shooting events in each discipline.
    Make 3-Gun an Olympic sport. Show action instead of people standing there shooting guns that look like Nerf guns.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Wife and I like to watch winter biathlon. Wish a few USA events were televised, even if it was a tape from a previous week.
    A few years ago I watched 10 meter shooting televised via website from X-Count in Ft. Wayne. It was pretty cool to be able to pick a couple top shelf NCAA shooters and watch their computer target score shots.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Make 3-Gun an Olympic sport. Show action instead of people standing there shooting guns that look like Nerf guns.
    It wouldn't matter. It would be like watching paint dry with a fly landing on it. Once you've watched a couple shooters run through the course, people would figure out nothing is going to change on the next run. Just one dood after another. The skater-chick is not going to get dropped by her partner, or have a wardrobe malfunction and pop out one of the girls. Pole vault girl is not going to slip and impale herself like a huge popsicle on a stilt. John Wick is not going to shoot somebody in the face...and that would be it. Off to the fridge.

Now if team-mates shot apples off each others' heads, or the Tour de France guys are given pistols and a 5-minute deduction off their time for each sheep they hit in a field while riding by? *Now* you've got me.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It wouldn't matter. It would be like watching paint dry with a fly landing on it. Once you've watched a couple shooters run through the course, people would figure out nothing is going to change on the next run. Just one dood after another. The skater-chick is not going to get dropped by her partner, or have a wardrobe malfunction and pop out one of the girls. Pole vault girl is not going to slip and impale herself like a huge popsicle on a stilt. John Wick is not going to shoot somebody in the face...and that would be it. Off to the fridge.

Now if team-mates shot apples off each others' heads, or the Tour de France guys are given pistols and a 5-minute deduction off their time for each sheep they hit in a field while riding by? *Now* you've got me.
    Maybe mix skeet and pole vaulting? :):

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Creedmoor Sports sent a link last week to update the Olympic trials for women's 10 meter. There were 124 women with 1200+ score for 2 rounds. Top 50 were much higher, top 20 were around 1900 for 3 rounds. Averages of 630+ in a 600 point match is crazy impressive. That's like sandbag accuracy for 180 offhand shots.

Top Bottom