• ...and so much more!
  • Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    So let me lay this story out for you,
    This weekend I have been up at Boone county taking Louis Awerbuck's shotgun class, so my situational awareness is at an all time high,
    Well pulling into the neighborhood, and what do I see... an innocent being stalked by one of the most heinous criminals you could imagine.
    I see this individual ( the heinous criminal ) stalking around a Chevy Chevette looking every bit the miscreant who obviously is up to no good.
    I stop the truck slowly put it in park ease open the door and slide out onto the roadside, now the Miscreant ( my new favorite word ) is so intent on his prey he doesn't even notice me till its too late. I close in swiftly and silently ( which is quit an accomplishment for me) and Scare the living **** out of the miscreant causing him to flee in utter panic saving the victim from and potentially deadly and horrific end.
    Now mind you when I yelled at the stalker I also scared the **** out of the victim so now I have to try and reverse the effects of my Warrior like bravado on the poor victim. I talk,coax and I cajole finally convincing the poor helpless soul that I am no longer a threat at which time she comes out of hiding. Having no apparent home or friends in the area we decide to take her home.

Now the Dogs aren't very happy but I think as soon as we find its home the Hounds will calm down but until then We have a Rabbit and there is one hungry upset feline somewhere in your neighbor hood tonight.

Now what kinda rabbit is it? How much do they eat? and are they good BBq'd?

100_1178.jpg

Last edited:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    That doesn't look like a wild rabbit. I believe it is a lop-eared variety. Likely it's someone's pet. I'd start by checking the neighborhood for a child that has lost a pet.

Rabbits do well on rabbit pellets. Sans that, the typical carrot or lettuce or piece of apple should help it get by. Put a small dish of water in the cage. Don't use cedar shavings in the crate.

Rabbits have a habit of backing up to a side of an open crate and spraying their urine down the wall behind them. Don't have anything valuable by the crate.

As for the BBQ question...Not especially tasty that way. I prefer a rabbit slow roasted over some applewood chips.
    Two gold stars to you for your bravery and galantry!:rockwoot:

Good luck!

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    There are rabbits all over my neighborhood, especially at night. Sometimes one will find a way into my yard and not be able to make it out before the dogs get it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

You just got a tune-up of your shotgunning skills. Ostensibly you had your shotgun and some gettin' home ammo with you.

There was a cat and a rabbit.

Shouldn't the cat be in cat heaven and the rabbit be in your belly???

:D

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

You just got a tune-up of your shotgunning skills. Ostensibly you had your shotgun and some gettin' home ammo with you.

There was a cat and a rabbit.

Shouldn't the cat be in cat heaven and the rabbit be in your belly???

:D

no, with slugs they would both be...a mess in the yard?...coyote chum?...hehe.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    no, with slugs they would both be...a mess in the yard?...coyote chum?...hehe.

And the locals woulda shat themselves if I had cut loose in this neighborhood with my shottie,
    All in all I think the situation ended up well with the exception of the cat still breathing but what the heck you can't have it all. :draw:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, the rabbit will taste better now. Less epinephrine in his system since he's not being stalked or chased. That he knows about.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Yep, You have a Mini Lop. My daughters raise them for show & pets Some one lost their pet.

You done good! :draw: Your training took over and saved the day. By the way, pet quality sells for $5 - $10, show/breeder quality sell for $25 - $50.

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    My kids agree with the Mini Lop identification, but said they are better pets than dinner. They recommend you find an endangered Californian or New Zealand to save, sooth, relocate and consume.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    "Consume" is a good way to put it. And if you consume enough of them, you can make yourself a rabbit fur glove.

Top Bottom