Once a Leader on the 2A, FL is Now One of the Most Anti-Gun States.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Why do you say this? I have more than several Carrying a Handgun Without a License cases on my watch list for months since the General Assembly. Nothing has been filed and we are 2 months from July 1st.

I hear it nightly at work over the air... guns getting run at traffic stops and checks to see if the driver/passenger has a permit. I refuse to participate in that ****, but my PD is huge on pulling guns off the streets by pretty much any means necessary.

It's true a lot of the arrests are SVFs, but not all of them.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hear it nightly at work over the air... guns getting run at traffic stops and checks to see if the driver/passenger has a permit. I refuse to participate in that ****, but my PD is huge on pulling guns off the streets by pretty much any means necessary.

It's true a lot of the arrests are SVFs, but not all of them.
    Huh. Is the PA filing on them?

Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. In truth I don't know about every case, but the PA in Tippecanoe County is moving kinda slow, at the junction.

1651607564667.png

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why do you say this? I have more than several Carrying a Handgun Without a License cases on my watch list for months since the General Assembly. Nothing has been filed and we are 2 months from July 1st.

I kinda figured it was flummery. Thanks for confirming.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I kinda figured it was flummery. Thanks for confirming.
    May be county dependent.

However, in Tippecanoe County, the cops are still arresting some (3 guesses as to the demographic) but the prosecutor is not filing.

I have openly asked the Supervising Deputy Prosecuting Attorney of the court that handles theses cases if they will be filing so close to the repeal of the LTCH requirement and she does not answer.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The headline is :bs: While Florida has been surpassed by other more pro-gun states, it is far from the most antigun. Florida is solidly in the middle. There is a tremendous difference in FL where any lawful person can get a CC license and where there is widespread reciprocity vs the many states where virtually no-one can legally carry (HI, CA, MD, NJ, NY, MA, CT, DE). Those states (other than DE) have no reciprocity. And while some counties in upstate NY, non-coastal CA & CT are pretty good at issue, for the most part a "normal" lawful person cannot get a license in those states.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom