• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Dec 25, 2012
    Well, I for one admit that I've bought a few more things than I planned on buying just because I was worried about getting something before any potential legislation. But as time has gone by, I'm more sure that nothing will happen. And since I don't have a need for 4 ARs, I'll probably be one of the people selling stuff off. But that's ok. I can keep the parts I like best and sell the rest. The process of learning about them and scrambling to find the few good deals that spring up from time to time has been fun.

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    The prospect of an imminent ban seems to be waning. That said, I think there have been several interesting things that have come to pass as a result of the "panic" buying. Any politician with a half a brain can view the recent surge in firearm and ammo purchases as a mini referendum on gun control. The outcome of this mini referendum would suggest that 2A is taken very seriously by a great many Americans.

Additionally, whilst the rush to become armed has brought along price increases (Capitalism at it's finest), it has also significantly increased the difficulty that any Agency would face in dis-arming the average law abiding Citizen, thereby further securing the intent of the Founding Fathers in this particular instance.

Liberty and the protection of our rights will always have a cost. Whether that cost is in the form of dollars or sacrifice is somewhat immaterial. While many panic buyers may dump their new purchases when the CC bill arrives next month, many will decide to forego a new tv, fridge or extra meals out in order to maintain their right to bear arms.

I, for one, will sleep better at night in the knowledge that more of my law abiding neighbors are prepared to defend themselves and our rights.

NastyNate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Reelsville
    A buddy of mine works at Dunhams Sports in Bedford. They have actually gotten in about 4 AR's in each of the last 2 weekly shipments. He said the same dude was waiting at the front door at opening on both days and bought all 8 as they came off the trucks. Must be nice to have that kind of money, and not have to be at work at 10 in the morning.

And that guy was probably at the 1500 all weekend doubling his money. Obamas economic stimulus plan in full effect.

bthacker24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    This is what i'm waiting for. Wanted to pick up an ar, but not willing to pay these prices. Most of these guns will be back on the market in a few months.

dbishop728

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I give it to when and supply catches up with demand and the scare is over. And all the ones that stockpiled with the intent to rape others with insane prices will be stuck with too much inventory and will have to sell below what they payed for it and take a loss lol. Of course this is just my two cents.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I give it to when and supply catches up with demand and the scare is over. And all the ones that stockpiled with the intent to rape others with insane prices will be stuck with too much inventory and will have to sell below what they payed for it and take a loss lol. Of course this is just my two cents.

+1 It has happened before. MOST of these people buying don't see an AR15 as a necessity. They see it as something they need to buy before they can't. When the AWB effort fails and all calms down, they'll sell to pay bills. It happened 4 years ago and it will happen again. And the shops that decided to rape customers will get it in the end.

oldad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    i dunno the gun makers see they can get top dollar for them they might just keep selling for top dollar just a guess

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    i dunno the gun makers see they can get top dollar for them they might just keep selling for top dollar just a guess

Too bad no one will pay those prices once orders catch up and people once again have choices. :) Personally, I'm just going to build my own... cue Bravo Company USA website aka: my toy catalog.

sly14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    When the hype dies down and the manufacturers get caught up who knows when that will be I think the prices will come down

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    This is what i'm waiting for. Wanted to pick up an ar, but not willing to pay these prices. Most of these guns will be back on the market in a few months.

Same here. I can't help but look at some of the prices and think "$____ for THAT??? HELL NO! I remember when it was 1/4 that price!"

I sure hope that happens. There seem to be a lot of opportunists and price gougers out there.

I suppose the only upside is that when the craze is over, they can't make monstrous profits, and bills start coming due, I should be able to scoop some up for cheap.

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    My $.02- Prices will come back down, since a ban appears to be unobtainable. Unfortunately, manufacture costs will probably be higher as companies start to gear up to crank out more product. Meaning, that $600 AR will then cost $750 when everything settles. Remember when a SKS was $100? A craze hit and now they'll never be that low again.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I think anyone who anticipates the "bubble" bursting is underestimating their adversary.

The people have already caved in on the majority of their liberties. Guns ownership won't go easily but they are only looking for the first step and once across the barrier it's all down hill and will be downhill fast.

Nothing goes up in a straight line but the trend will be up and then unavailable.

Top Bottom