• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    Classic. Bad guys with guns, take away the guns from the good guys. I'm beginning to think the democratic party is running the European union!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, it would be like a car running toward a brick wall. Instead of stepping on the brake, they hit the gas. When the car accelerates towards the wall, they step on the gas more.... and more.... and more.
    All the while, not understanding why the car is getting closer to the wall, thinking, if only I push this pedal a little harder.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Well, it would be like a car running toward a brick wall. Instead of stepping on the brake, they hit the gas. When the car accelerates towards the wall, they step on the gas more.... and more.... and more.
    All the while, not understanding why the car is getting closer to the wall, thinking, if only I push this pedal a little harder.

This is a brilliant analogy. Very simple, and very accurate.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I agree, repped.

In that car, there are four, maybe as many as five things that one can do to affect the car's motion. (Gas, Brake, Wheel, Clutch, gearshift) The one thing that the one in the analogy used is the worst possible choice... and yes, that's the one they choose.

I don't think that the brake alone is the best option, though. Perhaps a combination of brake and wheel is better, in this case because of the Syrian thing in the news. Let's say that Constitutional Carry, which I strongly favor, passes. Essentially, given the general mood I've seen here, we're not willing to allow them to be resettled in our state, but if they're here, we're willing to not in any way restrict their carry of firearms? :scratch: To me, that's a little confusing. I'm not willing to limit the 2A, I just don't quite know how to reconcile that in my mind. I want to do so. And no, I don't favor opening our doors and our arms to the "refugees".

The story goes of a girl walking down a forest path. Winter has just begun, and she sees ahead a small snake. The snake says, "Please help me, I'm cold and if I stay here, I will die!" The girl replies, "No, if I pick you up and put you under my coat, you'll bite me and *I* will die!" The snake promises, "Oh no, you'd be helping me... I wouldn't bite you." So the girl picks it up and puts it under her coat... only to feel the fangs pierce her chest. She looks at the snake and asks, "How could you?" and the snake replies, "You knew what I was when you picked me up."

So it is here, IMHO. And I still like Actaeon's analogy better.

Blessings,
    Bill

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Thank you.

I agree, repped.

In that car, there are four, maybe as many as five things that one can do to affect the car's motion. (Gas, Brake, Wheel, Clutch, gearshift) The one thing that the one in the analogy used is the worst possible choice... and yes, that's the one they choose.

I don't think that the brake alone is the best option, though. Perhaps a combination of brake and wheel is better, in this case because of the Syrian thing in the news. Let's say that Constitutional Carry, which I strongly favor, passes. Essentially, given the general mood I've seen here, we're not willing to allow them to be resettled in our state, but if they're here, we're willing to not in any way restrict their carry of firearms? :scratch: To me, that's a little confusing. I'm not willing to limit the 2A, I just don't quite know how to reconcile that in my mind. I want to do so. And no, I don't favor opening our doors and our arms to the "refugees".

The story goes of a girl walking down a forest path. Winter has just begun, and she sees ahead a small snake. The snake says, "Please help me, I'm cold and if I stay here, I will die!" The girl replies, "No, if I pick you up and put you under my coat, you'll bite me and *I* will die!" The snake promises, "Oh no, you'd be helping me... I wouldn't bite you." So the girl picks it up and puts it under her coat... only to feel the fangs pierce her chest. She looks at the snake and asks, "How could you?" and the snake replies, "You knew what I was when you picked me up."

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for the rep.
    And your story seems to be similar to the "scorpion" story.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Gun control is really just leadership posturing. They know it won't solve their problem, but it's an easy target, sort of like the drunk who searches for his keys around the street light instead of the dark alley where he lost them because it's easier to see.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is pathetic. How many people have to die before these fools realize that unarmed sheep are just fun targets for terrorists?
    It's harsh to say but true.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How many people have to die before these fools realize that unarmed sheep are just fun targets for terrorists?

The Planners care little for the dead. The dead are easy to control. The Planners only care about those that can make life difficult for them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree, repped.

Blessings,
    Bill

How dare you call Syrian Refugees snakes!

I'm just getting out in front of it. You know it's coming. If certain people read your post.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom