One gun at home or one gun in every room?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    actually, on my off days (changes every week), i DO wake up and put on my belt and handgun.

I prefer to wear pants with mine.

On my hip or locked up, the two safe places for a gun imo, between kids,friends family and bad guys I don't want accidents thefts or guns used against me. Is be more worried about bad guys reading INGO and doing a targeted burglary than the authorities finding out and showing up at my door to check my papers with a swat team and conspiracy theorists.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have one in every room... that I'm in. Yes I carry at home. There are others, as well. The only time I don't is at work, where it would be a felony. Dumb, but I'm not messin with it.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I have my 357 locked in a gun safe downstairs where I live, FX has his 380 & 38 special locked upstairs in a gun safe in his room and my son has his SKS with stripper clips ready, and his Mosin Nagant both in gun cases under his bed. He also has his Yugo M57 readily available. I trust my son the most with the guns. He is the designated shooter of sorts should it be necessary.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There was a time when I could put a firearm in every room, but not so much anymore. Still, all I need is the one I carry, so the others can live quietly in the safe while the carry gun gets carried 24/7.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Have one on me all the time at home. When sleeping, I have one of those in between mattress and box spring holster where I have my gun within arms reach. James might chime in and call me paranoid though.....

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I don't have a gun in every room. I have my 1911 on me at all times at home. I sometimes might have my S&W Mod. 37 on me on weak side carry. When I leave the house I switch to holster carry. This is how I "roll" at my house. Pun intended.

014-1.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

AR15 and Rem870 are kept in bedroom next to bed.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    A good, long time friend of my dad kept a gun or two in every room, but he didn't carry one around the house. Why would he? He was never more than 10 feet from one right? This guy had made a few enemies in his day and actually had killed three people on different occasions in self-defense. He was found Murdered in his home in 2005. His name was Bill Gilbert and he trusted very few people. My dad just happened to be one of the few and on a visit to his home in 2003, he introduced me to shooting an AK, and told me a story that I will NEVER forget and it went like this, "Yeah, that last guy I killed, (already a hell of a way to start a story) I shot him right through the eye. We had a few words at the bar in town and he got me on the floor and put a knife to my neck, I pulled out my pistol, pressed it to his eye and pulled the trigger":eek: There is a $10,000 reward for the killer out of Manchester, Kentucky. http://www.geocities.ws/justice4bill/

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Would like to start a dissussion regarding your thoughts on how "available" guns are in your home. For about 20 years I had my EDC that I had with me when I was leaving the house and then I would leave it on the table or counter when I was home then when I was home I had a shotgun under my bed, an AR15 behind an always open door in the basement, and a different handgun in various parts of the house like in the nightstand, under the couch and chair cushions, above the cabinets in the kitchen, top shelf of the upstairs closet, office desk drawer, garage and barn office.

One day I realized that I hadn't fired some of my guns in five years. Suddenly I started wondering if they would actually work in the event that I needed them. I made a decision to keep the shotgun under the bed and the AR15 in the basement then keep my EDC or my Glock 21 with me where I am in the house.

Would like to hear what your system is and why you choose that system. Aslo I might add that I live alone and rarely have children in the house.

I only currently have the one handgun...but I tend to carry when at home. so it's wherever I am.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    A good, long time friend of my dad kept a gun or two in every room, but he didn't carry one around the house. Why would he? He was never more than 10 feet from one right? This guy had made a few enemies in his day and actually had killed three people on different occasions in self-defense. He was found Murdered in his home in 2005. His name was Bill Gilbert and he trusted very few people. My dad just happened to be one of the few and on a visit to his home in 2003, he introduced me to shooting an AK, and told me a story that I will NEVER forget and it went like this, "Yeah, that last guy I killed, (already a hell of a way to start a story) I shot him right through the eye. We had a few words at the bar in town and he got me on the floor and put a knife to my neck, I pulled out my pistol, pressed it to his eye and pulled the trigger":eek: There is a $10,000 reward for the killer out of Manchester, Kentucky. http://www.geocities.ws/justice4bill/

WOW...what a crazy story, its sad that bad things happen to good people :( i hope that someone someday catches the guy that murdered him

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    All our guns are in our bedroom except my EDC which is always on me.

If the SWAT team hits my house then it's likely because I did something to deserve it, which isn't buying "too much cold medicine". What the police can get from my posts here isn't anything they might already dream up in their heads. After all, they have my handgun permit on file....
    Don't count on it o house right down the road from me was hit about a year ago. SWAT went to the wrong house first and got everyone outside before they caught their mistake. Luckily nobody was hurt and police never made that info public. My wife works with the woman who owns the house and they scared the crap out of her. Then said oops wrong house sorry and they all ran next door!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom