• OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Busse HHFSH

It's the perfect size to do just about anything and everything. Heavy enough to chop through some thick stuff but thin enough you could use it with food too if you needed. And it's pretty incredible steel that'll take a beating and just smile back

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Since I'm a blacksmith, I'd choose the knife that had the most retail for retooling; so either a solidly constructed Kukri or a Cold Steel 1050 machete.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Junglas :D

It's just versatile. I can chop wood, make shelter and in a pinch use it for self defense. It's tough as hell and I'm confident I could gut large and medium game with it. Prolly have to practice small game but I'm sure it could be done.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    One blade? No way!

I would have a utility blade, a 6" or so hacking blade, and a hatchet/hawk in the least. In all honesty, I would probably have a scalpel in my pack, as well as skinning knives, as good clean cut pelts may make good bartering items in the winter.

You request is like dividing by zero, not possible with "real" numbers.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    One blade? No way!

I would have a utility blade, a 6" or so hacking blade, and a hatchet/hawk in the least. In all honesty, I would probably have a scalpel in my pack, as well as skinning knives, as good clean cut pelts may make good bartering items in the winter.

You request is like dividing by zero, not possible with "real" numbers.

One blade.... YES WAY..... thats why its a hypothetical game. so hypothetically you can only have one knife for the rest of your life into the apocolyps which is it?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    For just one knife I would prefer a 4 inch blade, can be used for several tasks and is still a decent fighter. Most persons think that a Survival knife needs to be big and heavy, I used to think that. Till I started to use a knife to survive...

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Since I can have saws, axes and garden tools, which include my hori hori knives I will go with my Gerber 525. Thick spine, drop point, great choil so I can choke up for detail work, shiny enough to use as a survival mirror. In SHTF shiny stuff will be hard to come by so I want shiny too. This is old school, early 1980's Gerber, not today's Gerber.

Any knife with this general design in 4" to 6" is great.

gerber475hs.jpg

It's Good **** man
    http://cutlerscove.com/hunting-knives/gerber475hs.htm

Top Bottom