One of the coolest Indian artifacts I've ever....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So much BS about nothing. I'm interested. Couldn't see any flaking by the pic but what do you think it is?
    It's refined pine pitch resin for attaching points and blades to handles....after the resin set they'd wrap in sinew....They have evidence of it being used going back 40,000 years....A little stick like this would go a long way and would be part of a hunter's kit...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    1621354158425.png 1621354212923.png

This is where I grew up....Mom never planted a shrub without me finding an artifact of some sort.....Their house is on the high land and the final bend of Mill Run creek....One of our neighbors who lived down and across the street from LittleTommy would gather buckets of 17th century French beads from their garden every year...figured a Frenchman had a trading post there pretty early....

Last edited:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    How do we know they were first? They could have been the third who in turn killed off the second before we (the fourth) arrived.
    The Archaic People pre-date the native Americans. They built very European looking stone observatories to mark the solstices and other phenomena. From the research I have read it is probable that the archaic peoples arrived in the Americas along the ice shelf from Europe.

There is ancient North American (U.P. of Michigan) copper tools found in Europe and Asia so obviously that copper somehow traveled half way across the globe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Glue....going back at least 40,000 years...

That's interesting. I'm guessing that humans probably figured that trick out as well because it would be way more likely that humans were in this area than Neanderthals.

But I did I read something awhile back about a find in San Diego of a Mastodon carcass that may suggest Neanderthals could have migrated to North America (probably not in this area though). There was strong evidence that tools were used to break the bones of the Mastodon carcass. They dated the bones at 130K years ago. Consensus of when Modern Humans' first appeared in North America is 50K-15K years ago. It could have been humans, or Neanderthals.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That's interesting. I'm guessing that humans probably figured that trick out as well because it would be way more likely that humans were in this area than Neanderthals.

But I did I read something awhile back about a find in San Diego of a Mastodon carcass that may suggest Neanderthals could have migrated to North America (probably not in this area though). There was strong evidence that tools were used to break the bones of the Mastodon carcass. They dated the bones at 130K years ago. Consensus of when Modern Humans' first appeared in North America is 50K-15K years ago. It could have been humans, or Neanderthals.

They are thinking they could possibly be Denisovans as well....Which is throwing the whole "peopling of America's" and "Clovis first" crowd into a bit of a fit....

The skeptics are insinuating that bulldozers caused those cracks in the bone....

"Sure man....Except for the fact the bones were green when they were cracked but please tell me more..."lol

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The Archaic People pre-date the native Americans. They built very European looking stone observatories to mark the solstices and other phenomena. From the research I have read it is probable that the archaic peoples arrived in the Americas along the ice shelf from Europe.

There is ancient North American (U.P. of Michigan) copper tools found in Europe and Asia so obviously that copper somehow traveled half way across the globe.

I'm a believer in the Solutrean theory as well....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They are thinking they possibly be Denisovans as well....Which is throwing the whole "peopling of America's" and "Clovis first" crowd into a bit of a fit....
    When one needs a particular "truth" to be true to perpetuate their beliefs, I can see why it would be upsetting if reality appears to be else. I think the evidence for people being in North America at least 50K years ago is pretty strong. That kind of a bitch slap to the clovis first dogma.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

There is ancient North American (U.P. of Michigan) copper tools found in Europe and Asia so obviously that copper somehow traveled half way across the globe. 1621362108732.png

Copper from King Tut's tomb has been traced back to Michigan.....Here's a native pictograph from the great lakes...

It kind of looks like a Phoenician trade ship...
    1621362092632.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

No. They didn't. Because European ancestors are as evil as the current European descendants are. And the native Americans then wouldn't be the rightful owners of North America.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    When one needs a particular "truth" to be true to perpetuate their beliefs, I can see why it would be upsetting if reality appears to be else. I think the evidence for people being in North America at least 50K years ago is pretty strong. That kind of a bitch slap to the clovis first dogma.
    They've invested 50 years into their theories and books and yes, this is causing quite a stir lol....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Very cool find, Rick! I knew something cool would be found in that trench.
    Just recently, my two dogs decided we needed a scaled down representation of the Grand Canyon in our back yard, and the other day as I was having an after work beer on the deck, they came running up and one was crunching on something. I got it away from him and this is what he had.
    23DD3102-75CF-4083-92A2-57166FBCD674.jpeg
    It’s pretty chewed up, but the arrow points to what appears to be the notch, and one side is definitely sharp.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Very cool find, Rick! I knew something cool would be found in that trench.
    Just recently, my two dogs decided we needed a scaled down representation of the Grand Canyon in our back yard, and the other day as I was having an after work beer on the deck, they came running up and one was crunching on something. I got it away from him and this is what he had.
    View attachment 140544
    It’s pretty chewed up, but the arrow points to what appears to be the notch, and one side is definitely sharp.
    That looks more like a ”clinker” from a coal furnace than an arrowhead. I’m sorry to say that it definitely not an arrowhead

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    That looks more like a ”clinker” from a coal furnace than an arrowhead. I’m sorry to say that it definitely not an arrowhead
    You’re probably right, and I looked at it quite a few times but the more I looked at it, the more it sorta did look like something that had been purposely “made”. I have no idea how much of it my dog crunched on, but the place where the arrow is pointing definitely looks man made, and is much smoother than the rest of the piece. Here’s another view 9B169F2A-EE14-4B51-9C22-5D7156C4D7B8.jpeg

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Remember folks, it is ILLEGAL to dig for artifacts in Indiana, even on your OWN property. Now if you go to Kentucky, Illinois, and most other states, you CAN dig on your own property, UNLESS you find graves. Surface found, or construction found items on your own property in Indiana is fine.

Top Bottom