• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    This post came from CJ Grisham's facebook page.

He's now the president of Open Carry Texas.

He's been arrested several times for lawful activity.

I have friends who are cops are deputies and I'm sure they probably get frustrated when I share these stories. However, I hope they know that if they are wearing the badge for the right reasons and treat people with respect, I'm not talking about them. I used to be firmly adamant that I wanted to be a cop when I was in high school. I was in the Explorer program for a couple of years. I studied criminal justice at a local tech school in Jacksonville, Fl. I tried to join the Army as an MP, but there was a height requirement at the time.

But, I am becoming more and more convinced that I have been fooled my whole adult life about how noble and honorable cops are. I think for far too longer we've given too much deference to cops and allowed them to go unchecked for far too long.

We've allowed them to become nothing more than localized paramilitary organizations who not a part of the community, but apart from the community. We have turned the other cheek as they attack peaceful Americans with no-knock raids, suppressed peaceful protesters, bullied young adults and children, and generally treated the public with disdain.

Our cities now DEPEND UPON a cop's ability to write as many tickets as possible. It is about raising revenue, not public safety. This puts an amazing burden on law enforcement which probably desensitizes them to being decent. As the cops get more aggressive and stressed out trying to meet the demands of funding the municipality, the public gets more frustrated with the tactics and attitudes of cops. This, in turn, causes them to be less cordial to the cops which creates a vicious cycle of cops and the public continuing to distance themselves from each other.

I'm personally fed up with it. I'm fed with hearing the stupid, ignorant refrains from the liberals and fake conservatives telling me how hard it is to be a cop, how most cops are good people, how we just need to help make their jobs easier. I'm fed up with idiots asking, "how are we supposed to know if your guy carrying a gun for self defense or if he's about to kill someone?" Well, I'm trying to prove that the same can be said for our law enforcement "in this day and age." Falling for that crap is EXACTLY what got us where we are.

Now, on a professional basis, I gladly work with law enforcement because I prefer to have positive interactions with them and I'l admit that in the past few months I think we've successfully pacified many Texas cops with whom we come into contact. They know that 1) we know our rights, 2) we won't surrender them, and 3) we will hold them accountable. Departments are absolutely terrified to be the next Open Carry Texas YouTube video. Let me repeat, our encounters have become largely positive, so I know the good ones are either out there or too afraid to be themselves around me and my fellow patriots.

Let me put this in perspective for those that think most cops are good guys. In my first arrest, and entire department did NOTHING to correct a wrong. Three officers were on scene and none did anything to hold the officer accountable. Every leader in the Temple Police Department, Temple, TX saw the dashcam and yet they continued to prosecute me and refused to discipline Steve Ermis. In my Austin arrest (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my79AFSBjJI), there were at least six cops who knew no laws were being broken and did nothing to stop an unlawful arrest. When Terry Holcomb was arrested at the capitol (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtPNTJ1UBw0) at least six DPS troops stood around and did nothing except violate the rights of others as well. When Scott Liberty was arrested at the capitol (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7DMVXKHG8), four DPS troops did nothing to stop the illegal arrest. When Brian McCauley and two others were cited in San Antonio for legally carrying rifles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN0GcahEvIc), six officers stood by and did nothing. When officers arrested a banana for open carrying in Beaumont (http://fox2now.com/…/police-detain-teen-dressed-as-banana-…/), at least four officers stood by and did nothing to stop the illegal arrest. When Gary Hays was arrested also at the capitol, no less than six officers did anything to stop the arrest of a quadriplegic who was no threat to anyone and not breaking the law. I could go on: Allen, Nacadoches, McAllen, Houston, Arlington, etc. And these don't even account for all the other arrests and law enforcement harassment around the country.

It's not only the arresting officers. EVERY cop that sits idly by while another is committing a civil rights violation is at fault. They back "their brothers in arms" instead of the American people. They are devoted to each other, not the rule of law or the Constitution. I share these videos and links DAILY, so how can anyone continue to say these are all isolated differences?

Did you know that the crime rate among the law enforcement community is 10 out of every 1000 cops, but the general public is only 4.3 out of every 1000? You are two and a half times more likely to be victimized by a cop than the average citizen (see UCR and NPMSRP). The difference is that you and I go to jail and spends tens of thousands of dollars to prove our innocence (in violation of due process) while cops get paid vacation and are rarely prosecuted. So tell me again how I'm supposed to know the difference between a good cop and a bad cop.

So, to the good ones out there...prove it! Start standing up for yourselves and your professions and your career be damned if you're doing the right thing.

My own experience is consistent with the experiences related by Mr. Grisham. My lawsuit named 4 uniformed officers, but there were others present and in agreement with those who were actively denying my rights.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom