• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oni7734

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Speedway
    I cannot find locally (Indianapolis) to purchase Hornady One Shot Spray Case Lube. Does anyone know if I can find it locally and where that might be? I have called several big box stores like Gander Mountain and a few gun shops and nobody seems to sell any reloading supplies like this. Thanks.

I just got some at Plainfield Shooting Supply a couple weekends ago... It was the last can though. Not sure how often they replenish...

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I tried it wet, dry, a little, a lot. Shook it up til I was blue in the face. Maybe I just got a bad bottle.

I must have got the can right next to the one you got. It's in the back of my cabinet, I use either Imperial or Dillon now.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    One Shot is GOOD STUFF

Never had a problem with One Shot spray lube. About 6k reloads and it works great for me. Spray it on, wait a minute or 2 and size away! I have usually gotten mine at Bradis II.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    341   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    We have plenty in stock at the shop.

I've found that the easiest way to 'season' a new die is using Hornady Unique for the first 6-8 casings, then switching to One Shot. Repeat this step if you haven't used the dies within the past few weeks.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Just threw mine in the garbage. Thought I would try it versus the Lee lube I have been using. Burned a lot of valuable time hammering stuck cases out of my die with nothing to show for it. Never again!

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I have never had a prob with one shot. I spray at an angle on the ouside of the necks at the shoulder juncture and then i spray straight down for inside the necks. I also blast some up inside the die. The stuff is awesome.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I tried a few sprays but I always wound up using it on something else after a lot of frustration getting stuck cases out of my dies.
    I am going to stick with the Lee Case Lube, may take a bit longer to do but it saves time in the end and is easy to clean off the cases once loaded.
    Never had a round FTF because of Lee Lube killing the powder or primer of any other sort of lube type issue either.

YEMV :)

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I admit, I never stuck a case with One Shot, as long as a shook the crap out of the can and then really soaked the cases down inside and out.
    But when I considered compared the cost vs. convience it wasn't worth it. The stuff isn't cheap for the amount I was having to use to avoid stuck cases. It does making lubing easy compared to Imperial, but there are other sprays,such as Dillon, that work better.

I do sometimes use it when I'm running pistol brass with carbide dies on my Dillon press, just because it will make things run a little smoother, but I won't use it on rifle brass.

Top Bottom