• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    I love to catfish so I usually have to talk the hubby into going. So not only did I bait his hook because he kept throwing the bait off but I also threw it out for him.Next thing I know hes sound asleep. I was trying to watch my 2 poles and his and of course he gets a bite. I start yelling at him "Hey! You got a bite!" Ends up being about a 10 lb flathead. I guess he had a good nap though. I caught more than him so I was happy!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I know you aren't saying anything that he doesn't know about, so that makes it even funnier, to me. I know he does a few things you really like, so that evens things out. :ladiesman:

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Oh yeah! I make fun of him falling asleep all the time. Hes a hard worker so its all good. He would have just as many stories about me if he was online.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Some where online my wife post about how I fall asleep at the theater.

I don't know what it is, but I can pay $60 in all (entrance and snacks) for my family to see a "kids" movie and I fall asleep every time! My wife laughs at me as I wake up when everyone starts walking out. :laugh: She has not left me there, yet. :D

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    UNBELIEVABLE!! U all are missing the point? Where are u fishing to catch catfish? GEEEEEZ!:dunno:

We are fishing at a couple of lakes in Spencer. Its been a slow month for catfish but its looking good now. We are going again tonight. If he falls asleep again I am going to hide his fishing pole and telll him a fish pulled it in the water!:laugh:

CathyRae

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    snip If he falls asleep again I am going to hide his fishing pole and telll him a fish pulled it in the water!:laugh:

Are you related to Joe. That sounds like something he would do. He has already held his hands in front of his face and screamed when I fell asleep in the car while he was drining.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    We are fishing at a couple of lakes in Spencer. Its been a slow month for catfish but its looking good now. We are going again tonight. If he falls asleep again I am going to hide his fishing pole and telll him a fish pulled it in the water!:laugh:
    The big avoid the question (where are u catching?) anyway I fish off of white springs road in that neck of the woods, plus a few other spots, keep us informed of fish to sleep ratios!

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Oh no not avoiding...There used to be a old airport off old pburg rd,there are 2 small lakes there. Just didnt figure anybody would know where I was talking about.:D Went again tonight 2 channels and 1 flathead. Darn it though he didnt fall asleep!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I thopught that sleeping was one of the major pluses to catfishing.

I have a bells on my poles that does wake me up. A few cold adult pops and a nice lounge chair a lantern and maybe a tarp to keep the dew off the chairs.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I thopught that sleeping was one of the major pluses to catfishing.

I have a bells on my poles that does wake me up. A few cold adult pops and a nice lounge chair a lantern and maybe a tarp to keep the dew off the chairs.

You must not be alone. We sell reels with electronic alarms to alert you when you get a bite LOL.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Fishing Alarms

Alot of Cat and Carp fishing people use fishing alarms. When the alarm goes off your going to know it...they are loud. They even come wireless and have a range of 1/8 to 1/4 mile. You just strap the receiver on your belt and if one of your rods gets a hit/run the alarm will go off. They can be set up for multiple rods also and will indicate which rod is getting a hit/run. If your not using a bait runner type reel you need to make sure that the reel is in a free spool mode so the rod doesn't decide to take a swim. You can buy less expensive versions that are not wireless for around $15.00.
    fishingalarm.jpg

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I dont need an alarm. My baitrunner is loud enough for me when that fish takes it and runs I have no trouble hearing it.:D So far this year I have been skunkd. I have been 3 times and nothing yet. By now I would have landed quite a few. DO I fall asleep noooo cause I am busy catching em.:D. Just cant find a good spot with good bank to fish. I fish for carp and cat. I love the fight they put up. Angie what kind of bait are you using if you dont mind sharing? I make up my own doughball.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    I dont need an alarm. My baitrunner is loud enough for me when that fish takes it and runs I have no trouble hearing it.:D So far this year I have been skunkd. I have been 3 times and nothing yet. By now I would have landed quite a few. DO I fall asleep noooo cause I am busy catching em.:D. Just cant find a good spot with good bank to fish. I fish for carp and cat. I love the fight they put up. Angie what kind of bait are you using if you dont mind sharing? I make up my own doughball.

Early season I will use cut bluegill and now I am using chicken liver soaked in garlic salt. May and June suck for us catfishing but July is usually a blast!
    We ended up with 6 this past weekend. 2 flatheads and 4 channel.

Top Bottom