• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Need some help identifying some powder. The drum was labeled OBP 242. The guy I bought it from said it is the bulk packaging of Varget. I did a quick search and people are saying it is actually the bulk packaging of Titegroup. It is an extruded powder, so it seems maybe it is Varget. The only problem is I have seen nothing at all online saying it is Varget, everything says it is Titegroup. OBP 242 is made by St. Marys Powder and I can't find any info on it.

Anybody know for sure what this is?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If what you have is an extruded (stick) powder, it is NOT Titegroup or OBP 242 regardless of what the label on the drum says it is. Titegroup and OBP 242 are ball powders.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm sure it is either Varget or the bulk equivalent, but I'm not loading something I'm not sure of. He gave me a great deal because he is moving and didn't want to bring powder. I only paid $5/pound so no real loss.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I'd use it as fertilizer.

OBP242 is NOT Varget, but is Titegroup. Titegroup/OBP242 is not extruded.

***coming from a guy with a half dozen drums of OBP-242 only an arms length away as he types this***

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Oh well. I was hesitant to load it anyway, but since it was in what looked to be the original container, I bought it. After the quick research and discrepancies I found, I had written it off as a loss. I just wanted to check in here to see if my research was incorrect. It appears it was not. The grass appreciates my mistake.

Top Bottom