• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I would say take a look at the Sig p250. With its modular design, the Central Firing Unit is the same on all the weapons, and that would give you both the opportunity to carry what you feel most comfortable in- You can have a full size and she a subcompact or vice verca in either 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, or .45 ACP (not in SC).

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    My wife and I want redundant handguns. We want the benefits of savings from same ammo, parts, and ease of shooting. We could grab either gun and be comfortable. I currently have Taurus 9mm but is rather large to carry every day. And we only have one.

Looking for opinions on what we should start looking at as there are many, many options. Range time and renting inexpensive so we would like to narrow down a few options.

Features we want or think we want.

Everyday carry, and conceal. To-from work, when we go out, etc. We may get something else for around the house.
    We are not brand loyal, yet.
    We are not specific on caliber, but wanting standard, no unique calibers. We want to find ammo easily and affordably.
    She is a rated kickboxer so has upper body strength and can handle just about anything that she has shot to date.
    Economical, we are not made of money.
    Standard parts available. If for some reason something needs to be replaced we want to be able to find them easily and readily available.
    To date not sold on revolvers, but if there is a strong opinion may consider.
    Any help that is offered would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rick

Glock. Same magazines work in same caliber pistols of different size. Take a magazine from a full size Glock and it will work in a compact of the same caliber, just no the other way around for obvious reason of length. Easy to work on for parts replacement if needed. Hop-up parts are available directly from Glock for dirt cheap. They won't break the bank and they'll go bang with every trigger pull.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Update: we went to the 1500 and handled a LOT of guns. Met the guys from Plainfield who sold us on at least 2. Best quote. "What is the best gun to carry. The one you have on you". I cant carry the glock at work and neither can she. We BOTH can CC the 380. That being said he took the time and let us handle every model and asked where and how we would carry. Wife liked the 380 as it was small and they offered a clip option so she could carry even in some of the smaller outfits. Sold me on a poket gun and she agreed I could ALSO get a glock. Picking them up next week. While they can be EDC AND CC she agreed I can get my glock 19 or 22 as our fun gun and OC. Who could ask for better wife. It was a dream for same guns and got totally different opinion after goin to 1500. Helped she got jewelry made out of shel casings. That is what got me my glock too.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Congrats. The Glocks will last a lifetime and I'm sure Plainfield Shooting Supply gave you a good deal. Which 380 did you get?

We got a great deal. Kel-Tec. They were willing to take my Taurus as a trade but was thinking about listing here. They were out of the two we wante but said would be in by Friday so was thinking of listing and if it sells between then great, if not will take it in. We also need to sell/trade a black powder rifle but they were not interested.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Generally speaking you will get better deals selling personally than to a shop. Unfortunately, you can't use the classified soon unless you decide to go the site supporter route.

Last edited:

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Wife and I discussed that and met Dave from INGO at their both. She is good with supporting and I have found the knowledge rewarding. More than the 15 bucks for the minimum support. Saved 9 bucks alone at 1500 with free parking and coupons which u learned about here. Which we spend way more there with extra ammo, steel shooting stands, targets. Wife's first time going but said as we are leaving "we will be coming back in October so save your money if you want more toys." love my wife...

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I can get my glock 19 or 22 as our fun gun and OC.

Who could ask for better wife.

I suggest looking at the 23 or 22 and picking up a lone wolf conversion barrel. That way you can shoot 9mm, .357sig, and .40... instead of getting the 19 or 17 and being limited to 9mm. Then again, if you told me I could only have one gun it would be a 19.

Congrats! :rockwoot:

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    I had no idea that was possible. We are possibly bartering for a Glock 22 in the next week or two. Waiting on guy's schedule to open up. This opens up a whole new world. Really appreciate the info. Is this a standard part than can be ordered?

Luckily for me wife is on board with increasing our on hand items. When we met we had just one handgun, mine. Since then we have moved up to three handguns and 45 rifles with permission to get more. She now looks forward to time shooting.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... While they can be EDC AND CC she agreed I can get my glock 19 or 22 as our fun gun and OC. ...

My suggestion would be to go for the mid-size rather than the full size (i.e. either the G19/23).

They can use the full-size mags so you give up nothing in capacity for home, the range, or a spare/backup mag. And they're just enough smaller than the full size they can be daily CCed.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    While not my personal choice, Glock is a great weapon to go with, especially given that you would like modularity between handguns. If you are expecting to get a G22, I would shoot it, and see where that lands your opinion on the .40 S&W. If you are good with that, look at the size, and other models in 40 cal. The G22 would be a great choice as a house gun, and the G27 (I believe is the sub-compact .40) as a carry gun.

Top Bottom