• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    40% will be fine when/if silver goes up. You had no issue getting rid of them in 1980. However, they will sell for a little less than spot in most cases. Personally, I like them.

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    Just gonna be a big whats gonna be more of a barter than food and water. Over 400 million in such a frenzy and state of shock just hard to see people wanting anything more than food or water. But i guess not a bad idea to put up a little of everything.

USAMP1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    To each their own, but I don't buy any coins other than silver eagles and those are very few. My stash is all bullion bars and rounds that clearly show the weight of the material in the plastic and brand new. Sure if disaster hits you might run into someone who's spent time on disaster forums learning about precious metals and memorizing the % of precious metal to particular coins by the year, OR you might run into the rest of out 99.99999% population who doesn't know jack about precious metals and will need the value of them spelled out for them. More than likely they aren't going to take anyones word for the weight or value so it's nice if the weight would be clearly minted on the material.

For me, I think bullion bars and rounds dumby proof bartering with precious metals. I don't think I'm going to able to convince some hillybilly that a really old beat up nickel is worth some of his egg laying chickens, but a couple of nice new clearly marked bars or rounds maybe might.

Between this and the signature... smart man. :popcorn:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    For me, I think bullion bars and rounds dumby proof bartering with precious metals. I don't think I'm going to able to convince some hillybilly that a really old beat up nickel is worth some of his egg laying chickens, but a couple of nice new clearly marked bars or rounds maybe might.

When SHTH, EVERYONE will know the value by the hour per se, see Argentina.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Save it ALL.

I buy the nickels (35%) and the 65-70 Kennedys (40%) if the 90% and
    Bullion is not available, or if I can get a great deal on the lesser grades.
    I got ~200 war nickels once, for ~35% of their actual value! My LCS
    let me have it at refinery price :rockwoot:

My plan "was" to sell off my mint fresh ASE to stack lead.
    The market manipulation forces have slammed Silver, but Lead has gone UP.
    So it's a dumb plan at this time, I'm going to strictly use cash for ammo. In
    the Silver Stackers Community, we expected the prices to be jumping by now
    but the Gold Standard changeover has been delayed (Basel III Rules Change)
    Seems the FED had different ideas than the international Bank$ter$:twocents:

diablo750

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Middletown
    silver

I have been looking into silver lately. Recently bought a few frankling halfs on ebay and paid over spot for them. I like the idea of %90 coins for bartering because they are broken up in weight. However the best place ive found to buy silver online is actually close to home. Modern Coins, World Coins, Silver Eagles, Gold Buffalos, Bullion | SilverTowne which is actually based in winchester. I've been slowly buying their 1 troy oz trademark bar. If you look these up on ebay they sell for about what they do on the website so they are pretty liquid, plus silver towne currently has free shipping on orders. My only concern is breaking them up for barter if i need to do so someday. I plan on keeping hack saw blades in my pack if I have to cut them. This is my best idea so far concerning silver, if anyone else has good info on how to get it cheap or what to do i would appreciate it.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I have been looking into silver lately. Recently bought a few frankling halfs on ebay and paid over spot for them. I like the idea of %90 coins for bartering because they are broken up in weight. However the best place ive found to buy silver online is actually close to home. Modern Coins, World Coins, Silver Eagles, Gold Buffalos, Bullion | SilverTowne which is actually based in winchester. I've been slowly buying their 1 troy oz trademark bar. If you look these up on ebay they sell for about what they do on the website so they are pretty liquid, plus silver towne currently has free shipping on orders. My only concern is breaking them up for barter if i need to do so someday. I plan on keeping hack saw blades in my pack if I have to cut them. This is my best idea so far concerning silver, if anyone else has good info on how to get it cheap or what to do i would appreciate it.

2 of my favorite places, QUALITY SILVER BULLION and MONTANA RARITIES
    both carry/make fractional silver. QSB has 1 oz, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/10th oz fractional, and both have Divisible Rounds, and Montana Rarities has divisible ingots. Reasonable prices OVER spot, around $2 premium on the divisibles.
    QSB's fractionals are super-high quality! Looks like a small ASE!!! :yesway::rockwoot:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    If anyone is interested, I have a guy who is wanting to sell off some silver. I believe it is mostly Eagles. I can get a price, if anyone is looking for some.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Hard liquor won't ....

.... feed your mutts; better have several cases of Spam™® for that. I know guys who spend more money on critter-food right now than they do on their spouses and kids! And bullets are good for harvesting critter-food, too. "The OTHER precious metal."
    face value only. Buy hard liquor with the 40% silver instead and stash that.

Last edited:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Silvertown right over in Wnchester ...

.... will quote you the unbeatable daily spot price, +, on any shape, size, or value of P.M. you might want. Right here i n Hoosierland.
    2 of my favorite places, QUALITY SILVER BULLION and MONTANA RARITIES
    both carry/make fractional silver. QSB has 1 oz, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/10th oz fractional, and both have Divisible Rounds, and Montana Rarities has divisible ingots. Reasonable prices OVER spot, around $2 premium on the divisibles.
    QSB's fractionals are super-high quality! Looks like a small ASE!!! :yesway::rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom