• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdbran01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    I love personally love glocks but I must say my sig 226 has a special place in my heart. It's a nice change of pace from all polymer.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    P250 SC

I purchased a P250SC 40 at the beginning of summer, don't yet have my CC from the state.

I actually like the long trigger pull of the P250 and DAO. I like the size and weight of the pistol. I like the possibility of using the action in a different frame.

What I don't like is the sight picture and the fact that it fires DRASTICALLY low. It's completely counter-intuitive to me to, as two different reps from Sig told me over the phone:

"To hit the center of a pumpkin at 10 yards, aim for the stem"

I was also told that this "12 o-clock" sight picture is used by ALL new Sigs sans the 1911s.

Beansay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Owen County, IN
    I have been carrying a P239 in 9mm for about 16 years now. I love it, and it is the minimum size capacity and caliber I consider for CCW. I use a Galco USA holster and it is perfect. The p239 in 40sw might be a better choice, preference I suppose. I recently bought a Sig p250 compact, having hard time getting used to the trigger, DA only. Need more training time and rounds downrange to offer an opinion, but its similar size, less weight, holds 12 9mm in the mag. Lots of options on this platform too.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    My wife has a p238 and I carry it in my pocket sometimes. It's a great shooting gun. I've been thinking about getting it's bigger brother the p938 for a pocket carry.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've got a P290, a couple of 228s and a 226.

The P290 was a choice between it and a CM9 or a Nano. I choose the P290 for varying reasons and am happy with it as a replacement for the lil KT P3AT that was the pocket pistol.

The 228(s) are the best 9mm package I've ever shot.

The 226 is like magic but a full sized handgun.

I love Sigs.

The P239/P229 are both heavier than your pistol. The SP2022 would be bigger but I've never heard anything bad about them. The P290 is tiny but really only a backup gun. The 224 hasn't been released yet. The P938 would be fine ****if**** you're comfortable switching to a single stack, single action carry gun.

I hated the P250s I shot with a passion due to the l-o-n-g trigger reset. The pull was fine but the reset was ridiculous.

For those reasons, a 228 is the wintertime jacket carry gun. The P290 only a pocket pistol. The t-shirt weather IWB is a Glock 36.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    You can't beat Sigs quality and reliability. I have never had a problem with any that I have owned with one exception. The Mosquito .22 had some FTE and FTF issues right out of the box. But, with some polishing on the rails and a feed ramp job...no more malfuntions. In fact, my main CCW lately is my Sig SP 2022 in 9mm. 100% reliable.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I absolutely love my Sig P290. Single stack 9mm (so it is thin) but still rather hefty (which keeps down muzzle flip). I have been carrying it for about 6 months now after upgrading to 9mm from a Bodyguard 380.

Beckers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I have a sig pro 2022 in 9mm. I love it. I was my first gun purchase. I'm a girl though so it is too much for me to carry so I had been looking for exactly what you're talking about. My number one pic was the sig 290RS. It is a subcompact 9mm. It is a little bulky so I ended up going with the S&W bodyGuard 380 because it was so much slimmer. I am a die hard sig fan though.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    Anything Sig Sauer is great, but I much prefer Walthers.

Walters are reliable and have some of the best ergonomic features on the market. You can go small, big, or tactical.

I carry a P99, but I would suggest you check out the PPQ and the new PPX. You can also go for the more pocketable PPK. I can't say enough good thinks about my Walthers.

Top Bottom