• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I picked one up today on a whim. The price was right and I liked the looks of it. I don't own any other 40's but something on this gun just said buy it. As you can tell from the pic I am a revolver guy so the DAO trigger was fine with me.

Anyone carry one? Opinions?

004_zps296cac3f.jpg

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    We have one that my wife wanted to carry, but have had a lot of problems with it and had to send it back to Kahr for work. Haven't shot it enough since I've got it back to trust it yet.

Ours was great to shoot when it works right.

Last edited:

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    How difficult is it to control? Been trying to figure out a carry weapon for my wife.

My father has a P40 Covert, which is the polymer framed version. If she hasn't shot a lot, I would recommend finding something different for her. The P40Cov is definitely a handful and not the most comfortable gun to shoot (and I've shot a lot of smaller pistols).

The K40 is similar size to G27, minus being a lot thinner. To the post above, both fully loaded, I really doubt it is anywhere near the same weight as a a Glock23.

I would suggest she look into something like a an LC380 if she hasn't shot a lot. If you'd rather go a 9mm route, the Kahr CW9 and CM9 are also great options. PM me if you have any questions about those.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis

This would have probably been directed at me, lol.

I did some research and it looks like the K40 was indeed heavier than a G23. The K40 was something like 8 oz. heavier than its polymer framed P40, which shocked me. I remembered how light my Dad's gun was and thought no way it would be that much different.

At any rate, sorry about that...and after shooting my Dad's, I understand why you haven't had it to the range more often lol.

Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    It is a heavy child but I have not had any issue controlling mine with either the flush fit mag or extended. It is a 40 cal so it naturally has more slide velocity than say a 9mm would but I find comfort in the fact that it is nearly a full velocity 40...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    This would have probably been directed at me, lol.

I did some research and it looks like the K40 was indeed heavier than a G23. The K40 was something like 8 oz. heavier than its polymer framed P40, which shocked me. I remembered how light my Dad's gun was and thought no way it would be that much different.

At any rate, sorry about that...and after shooting my Dad's, I understand why you haven't had it to the range more often lol.

In my experience, the K and MK (i.e. Steel Kahrs) are substantially easier to control recoil wise than their lighter polymer counterparts. This makes sense due to the weight, slide weight etc. With a 9mm it's not THAT noticeable, but I felt it. I haven't shot the 40's (since I'm a 9mm critter) - but I have got to think that it makes a bigger difference there. You might find that a K40 is substantially easier on the hands than its polymer cousin was.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I like a DAO trigger also. But I don't like a DAO with a mile long pull that breaks almost as far back as possible and needs to go almost all the way up to reset.

The Kahr triggers are smooth and seem to break cleanly, but that travel is a tough one for me.

If you're a more capable shooter than me (which is pretty easy to achieve), then the Kahr trigger is probably inconsequential for you. But I need all the help I can get, and this is one thing I prefer to avoid dealing with, if possible.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Since it is too heavy for you... It's my duty to let you know that I'm running ArmedProgrammer's Kahr Rescue. We can't bear the thought of seeing a Kahr go unloved and uncared for. We will be glad to see that our errr... your Kahr is PROPERLY taken care of and given a good home.... :D

*** And if anyone has an unloved Rock Island 1911 in 22 TCM - we give those the love they deserve as well... :D

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    Since it is too heavy for you... It's my duty to let you know that I'm running ArmedProgrammer's Kahr Rescue. We can't bear the thought of seeing a Kahr go unloved and uncared for. We will be glad to see that our errr... your Kahr is PROPERLY taken care of and given a good home.... :D

*** And if anyone has an unloved Rock Island 1911 in 22 TCM - we give those the love they deserve as well... :D

Well I am going to give it a few more days, but keep your eye out in the classifieds you never know...

Top Bottom