• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have a 3" that is my main EDC (for the last half dozen years or so), I've also carried a 4.25" off and on. The length is of no consequence, but the weight is noticeable. My 3" is alloy, my 4.25" is steel. Take that into consideration, too.
    I never carry my 4" because it's unreliable (to me) at present.
    However, the 5" that I just got will likely ride my hip at times, once it has met my personal reliability break-in.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I carry a Colt Defender 1911. It's a very comfortable pistol to carry and fits snuggly against the waist.
    At pistol range of 7 yards it will put 7 shots in 4 holes, very accurate, at a very extended 50 yards it will still pup holes in paper or 1 liter bottles.
    I understand that the muzzle velocity is somewhat less than with a longer barrel but for personal protection and concealment I don't think you can go wrong.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I have 3 currently in my carry line up: Sig C3, Colt Defender, Kimber Super Carry Pro.

The Kimber is my current favorite, but it is the largest as well. Fullsize grip with rounded corner and a 4" barrel. The Sig and Colt both have the shorter officer grip. Also used to have a Para Warthog and Kimber Crimson Ultra.

I would not hesitate to use or recommend any of the above.

Mark

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Wow, I have been looking at an officers RIA for some time now. I hadn't heard anything about the 3" reliability until now. I may have to rethink my purchase. Thank you Op, you may have saved me quite a but of time and money.

Top Bottom