• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    An appropriate holster is the only way I would carry one. I once carried a Browning Hi-Power cocked and locked but had a stiff leather holster it rode in. Gotta keep that trigger protected.

Yep, always protected.

I came home one about a year ago, and took the P938 out of the IWB holster, and put it into the Remora holster I keep it in when not carrying it, and noticed the safety was not on! Scared the crap out of me! I checked the safety, and it was still nice and tight. I haven't had an issue since, but I now find myself checking the safety all the time.

Never found out what happened, but I am sure it was user error.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    love mine, and with the Wright leatherworks predator pancake holster , you can conceal it with a T shirt untucked , all day long and never really know its there

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Any type of carry needs a holster, but pocket carry without a good holster is just plain stupid. No matter the gun, it's got to be in a holster if it's being pocket carried.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Any type of carry needs a holster, but pocket carry without a good holster is just plain stupid. No matter the gun, it's got to be in a holster if it's being pocket carried.
    That"s right! Only comes out of its holster maybe once a month at the range just to put a couple down range.psyko

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    The list referenced above was compiled using GUNBROKER data. Therefore, the claim of "best selling" is suspect.

You could say that the Shield is the best selling handgun, but I might say it is the most traded off and subsequently bought used handgun.

It is POSSIBLE that this implies people not wanting to hold onto these firearms...?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    One more answer to the OPs question that differs from most above.

I expected the recoil of the 938 to be incrementally more than the 238. I was expecting 20% maybe? Instead I think the recoil is at least 50% more. That combined with the additional size led me to forego the 938 and keep my 238.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    One more answer to the OPs question that differs from most above.

I expected the recoil of the 938 to be incrementally more than the 238. I was expecting 20% maybe? Instead I think the recoil is at least 50% more. That combined with the additional size led me to forego the 938 and keep my 238.
    Truth there in the recoil, but still to me a fairly soft shooter for the size in 9mm. Both are awesome guns, just prefer the 9mm.psyko

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I am authorized to carry at work, but am to do so with discretion, so concealability is a major consideration. I was carrying a very worn Colt Mustang +2, and decided it was time to go with a newer weapon and upgrade from .380 to 9 mm. I looked at the Glock 43 at my LGS, and the owner recommended the P938. I purchased the Sig and have been very happy with it. (It also helped that the LGS owner is a guy I worked with for 20+ years before we both retired from our day job; he's opinionated, but I know how to take him.)

The trigger is a bit harsher and, as expected, more recoil. However, it does have a firm safety. It also functions like my 1911 and Mustang, so there is familiarity.

I'm glad I got it, and retired the Mustang to the safe, as it has served me well since I got it new in 1992.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Do those of you that pocket carry it, carry it cocked and locked in the pocket?

My P938 rode in my pocket for a 3 day, 35 mile hike in Virginia last year. It was cocked and locked in a nylon holster. It carried just ok but my leg, foot, pocket, scrotum, etc. are still intact :):. I figure if it can make it through mountainous terrain in a cheap flimsy holster, then it is probably safe. Not my first choice for pocket carry, but it is doable.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I had one a while back and it was just to small for me. I was a great shooter but just not for me. I know some people that carry them everyday and love them.

blakeelee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Brownsburg
    I had one. I liked it, but eventually i sold it for something with more capacity. Didnt really dig carrying a gun with a safety. I did have a problem with the hammer not resetting. Had to send it in to sig, but they took care of it. Its one of the smallest 9mms out there though. But to someone whos gonna carry, id reccomend a shield or a g26 or something like that

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    Huh. I thought the P938 recoil was tame and easily controllable. I cannot wait to own one.

My thoughts exactly. The 938 seems to be a very shootable gun. Or, it was, when I could shoot one. My wife confiscated the one I bought.

I liked the way it feels in my hand. I like the sights. I like the safety.

I'm not a big fan of the trigger. I expected the trigger to be lighter. And I thought the 938 was just a little too big for pocket carry. Maybe in a cargo pocket. But the factory holster works well if I have a jacket.

Top Bottom