• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris3113

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Memphis
    I'm new to the gun world, extremely new to the shotgun world. I have a few sig and kimber pistols, but no shotguns. I love shooting skeet and would like to get into it more. I want a nice reliable gun to shoot with and have heard some good things about the guns for the price. I'm curious if either would make myself a nice starter gun or if I should even waste my time.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    While either would do the job in a O/U I would look to spend a bit more, the CZs make for a good entry level O/U. For a semi auto I have always been an 1100 fan, they can be pricy tho. A Remington V3 would be good entry level howeverf.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I've been happy with my condor. I had the chance to get a lightly used one at a good price and have been more than happy with its use so far.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The only experience I have with a Condor is someone shooting one at our Trap Club and his gun would lock up after 15 shots, the receiver would heat up to the point you couldn't open the gun. This happened repeatedly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like my Condor Field Grade. Only have a couple rounds of sporting clays through it but its a no nonsense, entry level O/U. I didnt need the fancy scrollwork or pretty furniture. I just needed a tool to do a job that I dont do very often. It seemed silly to spend a grand or more for a gun I only take out 2-3 times a year.

Its a little tight, but Ive been told these things loosen up over time. It has already loosened a bit because originally it was hard to close but now is just a bit stiff.

My only beef is the auto safety. I found a howto online to disable it and even bought the roll pin but havent had the time to do it yet.

gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    I have never had an issue with either of my Stoeger's.

I have had a condor for years (back when they came with both 12 and 20 gauge barrels as a set). I have only shot trap/skeet once and I used it without an issue. I have never had a problem with it for rabbit/pheasant/dove either.

I do not have an M3000 but did get a new M3500 in camo this past year for waterfowl season and it has performed great as well. It was a great value at around $550 with all of the incentives when I purchased it. It is very light for what it is. If you are planning on any upland/waterfowl hunting along with the skeet shooting and can only afford one shotgun I would highly recommend it if you are on a budget.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a Condor Competition O/U for shooting Trap which I bought used. It has been 100% reliable for me and I have enjoyed my purchase. With that said, the Condors are on the low end of the shotgun world, so if you're a guy that tends to upgrade, I'd start out a little higher on the pecking order of shotguns.

Chris3113

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Memphis
    Thanks for all the input! I still haven't decided... I think I've narrowed it down to a m3000, m3500, or 1100. I'm gonna hold off on an o/u for a bit

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I'll add to the pile of info: mine is a Condor Competition. Bought it new, on sale, at Dick's about 5 years ago. Use it only for trap. Has about 10K rounds through it now. It is looser now than new but by no means in need of work. It was quite stiff when new. Had a few QC problems at first but I figured them out and fixed them myself. No real problems since then. Used the range pattern board to help in adjusting the adjustable comb to get the POI desired. Now it shoots where I look and will do the job if I do mine. I think it was a good buy. Not a Browning but for $610 out the door, I am getting my moneys worth.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you still haven't made up your mind, and are not against a semi-auto, the Weatherby SA-08 is a sweet shooting shotgun, and I believe you can get them for around $600-&700.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Thanks for all the input! I still haven't decided... I think I've narrowed it down to a m3000, m3500, or 1100. I'm gonna hold off on an o/u for a bit
    Remington 1100, you can find a gently used one for around ~$500.00, great gun. I have one I bought in 1988 and I don't know how many rounds it has fired, used it for hunting and clays, then my son used it for trap for 3 years, still running smooth and no mechanical failures. If I was to have one easy to get parts.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I have an M3000. I bought it set up for three gun competition with a shorter barrel and extended mag tube. I replaced the mag extension with a standard cap and use it for upland game. The shorter (22"; I think) barrel is nice because some of the cover we hunt in MI is very thick. Anyways, it shoots well for me and has always been 100% reliable. I haven't shot tons of rounds through it, but it has been in some not so nice conditions, rain, sleet, snow, packed full of seeds and debris from pushing my way through the brush, etc. they are basically a Benelli knock off and as such, have garnered the interest of the action shooting crowd and they have a few accessories available for them they might not otherwise have.

Top Bottom