• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I think they are alot better than the Colts. All plastic design however, lower and upper recievers. You might want to look at the Sig's too!
    Do not own one however earlier models had extractor issues, but I believe that the problem has been ressolved. Overall, I think its not a bad "tatical" .22-

Only thing is that you have to use their mags. Otherwise, grips, stocks, all look pretty darn good on them!

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    yeah, i like it comes with quad rails. the mags i found for 18$ a piece and there pretty nice. i think i might get it tomorrow if i dont like it i can always sell it. i havnt looked at the sig a whole lot, ill check out everything they got while im there. but the M&P is in beach grove for $430.00 :draw:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    It is a bit more expensive but if you are looking for a rifle to train with instead of just plink a dedicated 22 is the way to go. I popped my Spike's on one of my other AR lowers and you can not tell the difference it feels the same, weight, balance, everything.

If your just interested in plinking get the S&W, if you want to use it as a low cost training tool build a Dedicated 22lr AR.

Just my .02 but I spent about a year trying to decide and debating because of the initial cost. but I could not be happier.

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    well my brother just got the new ruger ar15. and my dad is a cop here in columbus, and hes gettin a colt m1a1. i dont have the money for a real ar and i am just wanting to plink really, lol. ammo is cheap guns cheap and looks fun. and if i want to shoot the real thing ill shoot theres and use there ammo =)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I built up my Ruger 10/22, including the cost of the rifle, for less than $380...their SR22 goes upwards of $600. Not sure what the S&W goes for, but I'll take mine.
    Ruger1022.jpg

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Several people have experienced problems with cycling even after trying several types of ammo.

Those were early iterations and the problem has been fixed. Mine shoots flawlessly.

I built up my Ruger 10/22, including the cost of the rifle, for less than $380...their SR22 goes upwards of $600. Not sure what the S&W goes for, but I'll take mine.

The 15-22 goes for $449 at PSS, and Bradis price-matched mine.

I love it and wouldn't hesitate doing it again. Here's my review:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._review_smith_and_wesson_m_and_p_15-22_a.html

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I pick mine up tomorrow from BGF

New 15-22 with flash hider $429+tax :rockwoot:

I already bought a fore grip/bi pod and 3 mags

Going to join MCFG tomorrow, so we will be shooting it soon to check out 3 types of .22 ammo, Remington, Winchester and Federal .22lr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I pick mine up tomorrow from BGF

New 15-22 with flash hider $429+tax :rockwoot:

I already bought a fore grip/bi pod and 3 mags

Going to join MCFG tomorrow, so we will be shooting it soon to check out 3 types of .22 ammo, Remington, Winchester and Federal .22lr

I wish they would've had these out before I put the mod's on my 10/22. I've had mine for a few years now...suppose I could sell and get a new one.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Regionnus Rattis, you did a great job for the money you paid!

The 15-22 with Flash Hider was = $459 including tax
    The red dot riser, Millet red dot, and fore grip / bipod totaled = $125
    Plus 3 magazines = $60

Some have told me that I could buy an AR for this money, and they are right, I could buy an AR but not the AR that I want to own, I want a Daniels Defense AR and they are $900 and up depending on the add ons.

This is a surprise birthday present for a 12 year old boy, and this will most probably be the last gun I buy him:baby:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    This is a surprise birthday present for a 12 year old boy, and this will most probably be the last gun I buy him:baby:

Hell, I'm still a 12-year old at heart! I use mine for a plinker, shoot the occasional squirrel, rabbit, and sometimes go coyote hunting...strictly a fun shooter for me...but will deploy it if ever SHTF.

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    thank you 38, i put a down payment on one yesterday. cant wait to get it home and put some rounds threw it.

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Hell, I'm still a 12-year old at heart! I use mine for a plinker, shoot the occasional squirrel, rabbit, and sometimes go coyote hunting...strictly a fun shooter for me...but will deploy it if ever SHTF.

yeah, im just wanting it as a plinker too, and when the occasional critter runs by ill most likely take a shot at it. :P

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport

Well I will confess ,that my wife says sometimes she does not know which one of us acts more like a child, him or me... ;)

BTW, my wife said she would shoot a .22 if we got one to so I guess that was an ulterior motive as well.:yesway:

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I have never had the first problem with mine. I think it's one of the most fun guns to shoot that I have. All I've ran through it so far is Blazer and it just loves the stuff.

Top Bottom